We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W Hike Takers??

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
W Hike Takers??

Hi All!

planning a trip to South America and would love to do the W hike... guided tours look quite pricy and have heard doing it unguided is not too risky...

Ill be there in November. Anyone interested in getting a group together?

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: W Hike Takers??

Hi there, my name is Monica,im a solo travler from melbourneI will be in Buenas Aires, late october and then planing to go to patagonia to Hike, including 'the W' in novemebr.

I would be interested in joining with others to group hike. Have though about doing one of the guided tours, though fancy not being that structured and expensive. Are you thinking to do the back country circuit and camping?

:)

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: W Hike Takers??

Hi, I will be there at the beginning of november as well and am planning on hiking the w solo (female traveller from the Netherlands). Have you been able to book anything yet (campsites/refugios)? Would be nice to join others.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: W Hike Takers??

I am up for trekking TDB in November when are you heading to Chile 🇨🇱

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: W Hike Takers??

Hey! Ye i thought something more laid back with a group of people would be fun. Guided tours are quite expensive so figured doing it with a group of like minded people would be great. What dates in November are you aiming to do it?

I'm hoping to get down there mid to late November. Maybe closer to the 20th. Does this work with any of you?

Edited: 13 August 2017, 05:31
London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: W Hike Takers??

I am still on the planning phase to go to TDB. I want to do the tour of San Pedro de Atacama in the north of Chile too. I will inform you once I figure out the dates of my travel.

Edited: 13 August 2017, 07:28
Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: W Hike Takers??

Sounds good. I'm keen to do Atacama too. Heard it's amazing. Let me know once you've arranged your plans

Edited: 13 August 2017, 08:07
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
516 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: W Hike Takers??

We are in TDP now and very glad we have s fantastic guide Carlos on our daily hikes from Lago Grey. This place is magical, pristine and majestic. It is remote, no cell service and at least in the winter we are not seeing the rangers making rounds often. Other hikers on the trails are very rare. The wild life is active and Pumas are out after dark and before dawn. You are smart to get a group, but I recommend a guide as well. Here in Chile the guides are knowledgeable and offer some protection because they actually know the park. We have a bit of intermittent wifi at the hotel, but otherwise you can't call for help in a bind.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: W Hike Takers??

Hey all,

I Just planned out my travel plan. I am gonna do the whole of O circuit.

I will reach Puerto Natales on 6th November. And will start my circuit from 7th Nov to 14th Nov.

It will be 7 nights and 8 days of Trek. Right now I am in the process of booking all the campsites that I will need during my Trek. If any of your travel plan coincides with mine then gimme a shout.

Reply to: W Hike Takers??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted