We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit on island of Kos

Isle of Bute...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit on island of Kos

We are 5 ladies in our 40's who are visiting Kos on 27 September this year. We are looking for places to visit. We are planning a day trip to Bodrum and also would like to see Zia, any other suggestions ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit on island of Kos

Don't bother with bodrum it's probably the worst trip of all and a waste of time, they try and sell you very poor quality goods & Fakes at inflated prices.

There are loads of better things to do, Nisiros, Three Island boat trip etc, as well as trips to Kalymnos / Symi etc, it all depends what you want to do, if you scroll dow n th eforum you will find loads of suggestions.

Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit on island of Kos

Try to go to Telendos - a stunning island off Kalymnos:-

Ferry from Mastihari to Pothia, bus/rural taxi to Myrties, water taxi to Telendos. The waterfront tavernas on Telendos are very good for seafood.

Pothia is busy and hot and retains sponge diving artefacts. It's much less touristy than Kos.

From Kardhamaina boats go to Nisyros - an active volcano. A bus goes up the side of the crater (views) - round the rim and then down to the bottom of the crater. There is also a cruise along the south coast on a kaiki from Kardhmaina - iirc the "Zeus".

You can suss out the boats for the 3 island cruise by visiting Kos harbour in the evening. You don't say where you are staying but most resorts have bus connections to Kos town. Wacking a taxi 5 ways shouldn't be very painful either. Kos town/harbour has many antiquities and hiring a cycle is cheap and popular. There are dedicated cycle lanes.

A road train ran in June/July up to the Asklepeion - a must see site with links to Hippokrates of the eponymous myth.

Unfortunately the day excursions to Rhodes, Symi, and Patmos (all worth visiting) are not running this year.

We used the Theokritos travel agency - there are many others offering similar excursions at similar prices.

Theyn have offices in Tingaki, Lambi & Marmari.

http://www.theokritostravel.gr/

Istanbul, Istanbul...
Level Contributor
25 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit on island of Kos

Hi, I'm 44 and will be visiting Kos with my daughter on October 1'st. I have a summer home in Bodrum. There are fakes in every country if there is a demand by foreigners. :) There are also good Turkish brands, I will let you know if you would like to know. Bodrum is a huge place. If you are visiting Bodrum with 4 ladies there are so many things to do in Bodrum. I had a good night out with my girlfriends last summer. If you would like a good meal and a good night in town go to Marina Yatch Club in Bodrum: http://marinayachtclub.com/ or if you would like a good meal go to Musto Bistro. They have very good quality food with really good prices : http://www.mustobistro.com/iletisim.html. Have fun :)

Isle of Bute...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit on island of Kos

Yonka, we are only visiting Bodrum for the day and in particular I was looking for a good quality leather bag similar to a Hermes Birken so would be interested to know of best places to purchas

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit on island of Kos

I think you will enjoy your day trip to Bodrum . I did .

Istanbul, Istanbul...
Level Contributor
25 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to visit on island of Kos

Hi Sandy'

There are fake Hermes bags right in the center of town' I wouldn`t buy them for my taste. If you are looking for something like that you can look there. It is hard to find really good brands in the Bodrum downtown. Only a few brands have shops in Bodrum. Vakko and Beymen are very good brands. palmarina.com.tr/tr/…

You can go to Oasis shopping center to `Beymen` `Inci` and `Hotic` store for good quality leather shoes or bags. www.oasisbodrum.com/mdetay.php?magazaid=47

In `Midtown shopping mall` you can find `Desa` which is also a good brand. http://www.midtown.com.tr/

Hope this helps.

7. Re: Places to visit on island of Kos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations