We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange rate

Lancashire
Level Contributor
952 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
exchange rate

Can anyone out there at the moment tell me what rate is being given just now. I have been told anything from 1.19 to 1.22 here at home and wondered if I should get anymore (we already have some I bought earlier at 1.23. thanks

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchange rate

I always get mine exchanged here has I find the rates not ery good in Kos has even though they say free commission you still get charged 2% in early August I had to exchange some sterling and only got 1.18 and back here it was 1.24 try Martin Lewis site Money maximiser for delivery they are very good rates

N Wales
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exchange rate

Ha ha ha we might change a bit more too! Great minds think alike!!

Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exchange rate

The £ is weaker due to the Scottish referendum.

In the Uk you might get 1.22 in the high street. The Co-op are still selling the cash card with a free 50eu if you put £1000 on it. So then 1.22 becomes 1.27.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
952 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: exchange rate

thanks Saleman and keithpaulakos. Did realise about the referendum just thought it may be better rate in Kos. will have a look at martin lewis.

Edited: 11 September 2014, 14:27
Lancashire
Level Contributor
952 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: exchange rate

just looking at travelex at the airport and compared to high st banks, m&s and post office they beat them all and they have a price promise and will buy back at the rate you purchase them at...anyone used travelx and can comment

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: exchange rate

If you look at it the difference between rates is minimal , unless you are going to exchange a huge amount of money it isnt worth worrying about .

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: exchange rate

It's 1.245 on money saving expert today delivered next day just click on the travel money maximiser

Edited: 13 September 2014, 09:34
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: exchange rate

Noticed 1.18 here in Kardamena at one place So would take that as the norm here

Lancashire
Level Contributor
952 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: exchange rate

thanks everyone for your input. I have been and got some more euros at Tesco finally. Simply because I was in there and they are giving 1.20 so now ready for the off. :-)

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: exchange rate

The rate today is best for a lot lot lot of years 1.27 delivered on travelmoneymax

Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations