We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in August

Dalgety Bay, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in August

I'm travelling to Kos on 26th August for a week with some family. We are starting to worry that it's going to be too hot! Has anyone been at this time? Is it really humid or quite dry? Staying at Lenaki Apartments and getting worried about them too ;( the last few reviews haven't been so good!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in August

How hot is too hot ?

Kos is hot in August its why people go ...You will have a great time

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in August

It will be lovely and Hot, that;'s why we go to Greece in the summer, enjoy :)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
952 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in August

We are staying at Lenaki in September but havent really seen any negative reviews. Perhaps try messgae keithpaulakos one of the DE's as I know they have stayed there a few times. Hope you have a lovely holiday Kos is a beautiful island..

Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in August

It will be hot around 28C but usually not humid. The wind is normally from the NE and is a dry wind. You will probably need aircon for a comfortable sleep. As it's forecast to be cool in the UK then it will be hot in Greece - it's the way the weather systems work.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in August

Saleman, I would expect it to be well above 28, probably mid to high 30's, it was over 30 in Zante last month and kos is usually slightly hotter, we have found that in August the temperature is usually mid 30's

There was talk of it being over 40 last weekend

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in August

Hopefully Lenaki is nice. I booked it as it has a lot of good reviews but recently there was one about mice :( hopefully it was a one off! I'll let you know how good it was! Looking forward to the weather now considering how miserable it has been in th uk this 'summer'.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in August

Currently between 32 - 37 for the last few days here (Kardamena) slightly cooler (about 3 degrees) on the North coast

8. Re: Weather in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations