We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Kos in October

Lincs
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Kos in October

Hi

we're flying to Kos on the 29th October and staying for 2 weeks. I was wondering how warm it is and if there are any mozzies left hanging about then.

I don't know what clothes I'll need to pack (ie plenty of cardi's or even a rain mac - god I hope not!) or if I'll need insect repellent.

Cheers

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Kos in October

Hi there

Are those dates right? I ask as the season ends the final week of October after which, pretty much all the bars and restaurants will be closed. Whereabouts are you staying?

Lincs
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Kos in October

Oops, you're right. I fly on the 29th September and stay for 2 weeks. Sorry!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Kos in October

Hi there, we have just returned from Kos, early season, last week of May/first week of June. We intend to return the first 2 weeks of October, like you. While we were there we met a lovely English couple who live there and they told us that October is still warm and well worth visiting at that time. In fact they said they were still on the beach in the last week of October last year! Also the sea is very warm. I think the difference is you aren't guaranteed that baking hot sun for the whole 2 weeks, as you are in July and August, and may have 2 or 3 overcast or even rainy days. We had this in our first week this time (last week of May as I say) but it really didn't bother us, we just went for walks and sat in cafes reading. The people are just so lovely we still had a lovely time. And whilst things may be starting to shut down, well they were only just starting to open up in May - So for us October is well worth a punt! Also if you stay in Kos Town (fabulous town), things will stay open. Can I ask who you are flying with?

Lincs
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Kos in October

Hi thanks for that. We're flying with Thompson and staying at the Blue Lagoon resort, so not a million miles outside of Kos Town.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Kos in October

Hi again

Thanks for that, I was wondering.....

The BLR is at Lampi, a beach suburb of Kos Town to it's northwest, an area that has been developing over the past 10 years. We went to Kos one year in late September and the weather was very good, not the blazing heat of July or August, but still very warm, clear skies and a slight breeze most days.

There are buses from the BLR into Kos Town or if you're feeling fit, you can walk it.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Kos in October

We have been during October and can advise that the weather is a bit like May in that you can get occasional patchy cloud but the sun tends to burn it off. There is however a higher tendancy for thunderstorms at that time of year. The sea is a lot warmer than May however.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,110 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Kos in October

<<There are buses from the BLR into Kos Town or if you're feeling fit, you can walk it.>>

From the entrance of BLR, turn left (away from the sea) then 1st left down a tree lined road, past the firestation and turn right at Konstantinos shopping centre, along a road lined with shops and tavernas . It's just under 3km from BLR to the harbour.

Or you can do what an awful lot of people do, hire a push bike for about €3 a day or so. This area of Kos is very flat, and there are a lot of cycle paths.

York, United Kingdom
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Kos in October

We're also staying at the blue lagoon going on the 26th of september so I'm hoping it's still going to be warm!!!

Lincs
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Kos in October

We fly on the 29th Sept and return on the 13th October. Probably see you there...lol.

York, United Kingdom
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Kos in October

Do you know if we're likely to need a cardi/jacket for night time?! Also do you know if the water park will still be open?

Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations