We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in KOS

Cardiff, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Getting married in KOS

Hi, can anyone help us, We're getting married on the 27th September '12 and looking for a reception venue (we've booked the basic wedding package with Thomas cook already) and staying in the Pelagos Suites hotel.

After 'surfing the net' We've found a wedding co-ordinator - Helen from Exquisite Kos Weddings, and she's been brilliant with advice and whet can be offered, has anyone had any dealing with Exquisite Kos Weddings??

Also any feedback on the 'Stadium Resturant' would be great.......

thanks again

london
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting married in KOS

See my review and earlier posts. Please message me if you need any more answers or link to my photos below doesnt work.

https:/…

We were initially booked with a major tour operator but didnt like the service so we also used "Your greek island wedding" and the lady there is an english lady who has lived in Kos for about 20 years. She did an amazing job sorting lots of things out. Her name is Sharron. Have a look at her website.

Sharron can arrange and book Lofaki for you, as well as anything else such as makeup, hair etc at good prices and cheaper than the tour operators.

Kos
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting married in KOS

Have just read the reviews of the Stadium Restaurant on here, and it sounds very good, excellent reviews, so as you cannot get the lofaki this sounds like a good second choice. My greek cousin is a chef there, and I know the food is good. Not long now, so i guess you have made up your mind.

Aberdeen, United...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting married in KOS

HI

Can i ask if you booked with exquisite kos weddings and how the service was?

Cardiff, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting married in KOS

We didn't in the end we did it through thomas cook and booked the petrinos ourselves, highly recommend petrinos if ur looking for traditional Greek food and atmosphere

Cwmbran, United...
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Getting married in KOS

Exquisite Kos Weddings was run by two women Helen Sharkey a british lady and Paola Angelone. I would not touch the company with a bargepole as they have managed to totally and utterly mess up my wedding which is now not going ahead and refuse to return my deposit. Helen is fantastic but her and Paola have parted ways and legally my booking belongs to Paola and the company. I had never spoken to Paola in my life, all arrangements were made through Helen who was fab. Sadly for legal reasons Helen cannot plan my wedding now as previously stated the booking legally belongs to the company. Paola had never heard of me until she contacted me out of the blue to tell me Helen had 'ripped me off'' and that she would now plan my wedding......However she had no details other than my deposit, no contract, she had no idea what price had been quoted to me, what plans I had for the day, no idea what day I wanted to get married on and the church hadn't even been booked!!!! Paola did offer to honor the price that Helen had given me but by now I was distraught at what was going on and asked for a refund of my deposit due to the way things had turned out, and I was genuinely worried that my wedding would be a disaster as I had never spoken to this woman before or even knew who she was. Paola refused to give me back my deposit telling me various excuses such as Helen had spent it, stolen it from me, that under the terms of the contract ( which she admitted she did not have) I was not entitled to my deposit back...the list of excuses is endless. And even more worrying told me she had no obligation to me under Greek law. SO beware all of you, if she messes up your wedding or doesn't give you what you paid for you will have to take her to court through the Greek legal system which will be costly. Paola and Exquisite Kos Weddings are a disgrace, they have cost me 100's of euro they won't give back, dragged me into their personal argument, totally and utterly ruined my wedding to the point where I cannot afford to book again with another planner and broken my heart with the callous was they have treated me. Paola is very nice when she thinks she is getting your business but woe betide you if something goes wrong. I wouldn't wish this to happen to anyone...

Yeovil, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Getting married in KOS

Hello I'm dealing with exquisite Kos weddings at the moment and am also interested in people's opinion of them , are they legit ?? Many thanks Denise

17. Re: Getting married in KOS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations