We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get there - what to do ?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
How to get there - what to do ?

I am interested in coming to Indonesia for 2 weeks and have heard the Gili islands are stunning. Would you recommend staying in the Gili islands for the entire time or should we go elsewhere as well?

Where do I fly into? How do we get to the islands? Which are the best islands to go to? Or should I visit all 3. What is there to do there?

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
361 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: How to get there - what to do ?

Gili Trawangan is the most populated among the three. So if you like some beach activities or a little bit of party, you might like it here. Being the most populous also mean they have more option on accomodation.

To get there, you can fly to DPS or LOP (Lombok Praya) airport then take the fast boat to Gili. If you're into quiet beach life, Nusa Lembongan might also interest you.

By the way, when do you plan to come? Gili is in Lombok which is mostly Muslim so June and up to mid July might not be a good time to visit.

2. Re: How to get there - what to do ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2017, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan