We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangsal Jetty, and cost of cidomo.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bangsal Jetty, and cost of cidomo.

Hi!

My friends and I will be visiting Gili Trawangan next month, and as the hotel transfer is super expensive, we have decided to book a private driver (friend recommended) to fetch us from the airport to the jetty.

I would like to confirm if the jetty to Gili is Bangsal Jetty? Is there anything I should look out for, or tell the driver where to stop, when we reach Bangsal Jetty?

We decided to take public boats to Gili T (as the speedboat the driver quoted was quite expensive too). I read that we have to buy the official tickets (which costs about 13,000rupiah) inside a white building, and that the public boats runs every hour. May I know which port we should wait at for the public boat to Gili T?

Finally, when we reach Gili T, we would like to take the cidomo to Aston Sunset. Any idea how much the cidomo would roughly cost to Aston? We only have one hand-carry luggage per person.

We're quite nervous as we've heard stories from people who had visited that locals will try to cheat you where possible, so we thought we should research in advance to avoid any unnecessary incidents. I would appreciate any advice!

Many thanks in advance!

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangsal Jetty, and cost of cidomo.

Hi there Elko welcome to trip advisor and the gili t forum, I can answer part of your question, about the cidimo question and it is 100,000rp each way from the harbour to the Aston regardless if U have luggage or not. Its an interesting ride especially if you are a tall person.Just a little tip as it Aston is pretty much on the opposite side of the island to where almost everything is happening. If you want supplies like snacks, drinks etc and don't want to pay for them through the nose in the mini bar then pick up everything you need before going back to the hotel at night as there is nothing close by. Also if you turn right when leaving it is only a short walk (about 15minutes from memory) to the "le pirates club" the meals there are great.

Hope this helps, good luck with the rest of your question

Cheers joker

Lombok
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangsal Jetty, and cost of cidomo.

Hi Elko, I do not know if they have reverted back to the white building as ticket office. But the last few times I ahve been to Bangsal when you got down the front you turned right (not left to the white building) and bought your tickets in a little booth. The boats from Gili T depart from infront of the white building (in front of the booth are going to Gili Meno) Drivers usually drop you outside the harbour and it is about 700m walk or cidomo ride to the front. You can get your driver to drop you right at the ticket office if you pay the "entrance fee" I usually pay Rp5,000, though the face price of the ticket is less and in Ramadan (which starts next month) they have charged me Rp10,00.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangsal Jetty, and cost of cidomo.

Thank you Joker! That was very helpful.

Will give Le Pirates Club a visit, we're already researching places to eat on the island!

Thank you Lombok_Lover.

Will look out per your instructions. Hope it's the same as the last time you were there.

Edited: 06 May 2016, 09:02
Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangsal Jetty, and cost of cidomo.

Hi Elko. Breakfast at the Aston is pretty good, not spectacular, but for 100,000rp I thought that it was pretty good value. I can also recommend the "Pearl Beach Restaurant ".good food and good service and an attractive setting. And lastly "Ocean 2" nice food, pretty plain setting but the service was a little slow but hey on holiday there is no rush and the atmosphere was terrific

Good luck

Joker

5. Re: Bangsal Jetty, and cost of cidomo.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan