We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Gili Trawangan from Denpasar Airport

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Gili Trawangan from Denpasar Airport

Hi everyone! I'm planning my trip to Bali with my family and would like to go straight to Gili Trawangan. However, I will be arriving to Denpasar Airport around 7 pm. I suppose it's already late for any boat trips. Can you please recommend me what is the fastest and budget friendly way to get there. As my trip is short and only 2 days full. Thanks ahead for any advise)

Raja Ampat...
Level Contributor
465 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Gili Trawangan from Denpasar Airport

If you are from Kuala Lumpur, why dont take direct flight from Kuala Lumpur to Lombok? From Lombok, either by hiring speed boat in Teluk Nare, or public boat in Bangsal harbour to Gili T.

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Gili Trawangan from Denpasar Airport

Because I already booked my ticket to Bali, and idea to go to Gili Trawangan came later) How long does the trip from Denpasar to Gili take? If its too long then can u pls recommend me nice beach in Bali and how much the accommodation will cost me, thanks ahead)))

Gili Trawangan...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Gili Trawangan from Denpasar Airport

Your best bet is to spend the night in Bali & get a fast boat over in the morning. I would suggest companies that leave from serangan harbor, which is closer than Padang bali, and you can get to gili by 1130 am.

The other alternative is to fly directly from DPS to Lombok after you arrive, you can get a car & boat ( private ) to get you the island but it will be late, as the journey from Lombok airport to Gili takes about 2.5 hours and will be expensive.

hope that helps

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Gili Trawangan from Denpasar Airport

it is a waste of time to try to reach Gili with such a short time, you should just spend your time in Bali and go to Gili the next time when you have more time to spend

5. Re: How to get to Gili Trawangan from Denpasar Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan