We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gili T Accommodation

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gili T Accommodation

Hi, heading to Gili T in August is it better to book accommodation in advance or wing it and sort it on arrival?

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gili T Accommodation

Hi Peter, welcome to trip advisor and the gili t forum.as gili t is so small and transport to and from the island is limited. I personally wouldn't wing it and would definitely would book as least my first night. Chances are you would find somewhere to stay but generally it is cheaper to book in advance also if you didn't find anything suitable at a reasonable hour then U would be stuck there till next day. Where are you travelling to gili t from? Is this your first overseas trip or are you well Traveled? You can use agoda booking.com,expedia etc to find a good hotel

Hope this helps

Cheers joker

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gili T Accommodation

how long mate? im about to a DM course there.. ive booked most my accomodation for the next 3 months.. it can book out pretty easy expecially if your in the lower price bracket..

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gili T Accommodation

Cheers Joker, I'm staying in Candidassa so will catch boat from Padangbai. Will take your advice and book now.

Mentioned in this post
Padangbai
Padangbai
Bali, Indonesia
Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gili T Accommodation

Cheers Swagman, not sure how long, maybe a week or so.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gili T Accommodation

yep August is basically the prime time. so with my bookings im paying the same for a week in a private room with a fan as i was in june/july for a room with aircon. and with Less options..

if yoru willing to share dorms etc there is usually plenty of places but if after private rooms its getting prettty tight.

If your staying for a while you may have to hop from one location to another.

Lord Howe Island...
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gili T Accommodation

Hey there,we are a family from Lord HOwe Island coming to Gilli T as well. Finding it really hard to find somewhere on here that is close to everytihng and not to pricey. I was also going to wing it but dont think i could handle being stuck with the kids and no where to stay. we hve 3 small kids 4,7,9 and our indo nanny travelling with us so a family room sleeping 6 or two rooms. If you see anything close by any help would be awesome. Looking at NO more than 200 a night for both rooms

Gili Trawangan...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gili T Accommodation

August is high season in Trawangan, so the pricing will be doubled, and mostly the accommodation will be fully booked.

In my experience, I run my own simple accommodation, my normal price is IDR 350k and IDR 700k in high season yet I got 90% room-night occupied during July-September.

Especially with kids, plus heavy luggage for them, you'd better book in advance at least a couple days to give you time to decide your next steps

Mentioned in this post
The Trawangan Resort
The Trawangan Resort
515 Reviews
Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
8. Re: Gili T Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2017, 05:16