We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying on the western shore and bicycle issue

Singapore
Level Contributor
230 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
staying on the western shore and bicycle issue

Hi,

We intend to stay at the western part of Gili T. Would like to know if it is safe and well-lighted if we walk from the night market back to our resort after dark? Yes, we do know the option of horse cart.

Another question. if we ride a bicycle around, say the beach or the stretch of shopping streets, is there any places where we can park and lock our bikes?

Thank you so much!

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,417 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying on the western shore and bicycle issue

It is safe to walk around even though it is dark, some part no lights so we used our cell phones as lights.

Yes you can park your push bike almost everywhere.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying on the western shore and bicycle issue

im taking a cheap bike light with me a a bike lock with me from australia.. you can probably pick something up while over there..

when i was there last time there was very little light at night so we used our torches. but that can be a hassle to carry around unless you have a good qality smaller torch!

3. Re: staying on the western shore and bicycle issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2017, 05:16