We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

Level Contributor
10 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

I am thinking of a 5 night trip to Gili T

Is the beggining of August a good time to visit?

I was thinking of staying at the beach house resort? Is it a good place to stay? It had good prices (im looking for smth not over tje top expensive)

Does it have a beach?

Also can I visit beaches of other hotels in the islands (of course by paying a certain daily fee) ?

Last but not least: should I take the speed boat from Bali to Gili T during August or theres a high chance it will be rough?

Thank you in advance

Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

Hello,

You don't have to pay to use any beaches. There is one private beach in front of Pondok Santi which is a private estate other than that the island is your oyster :)

I'm

Not sure about the resort sorry haven't seen it :/

We just came over last week and the seas were very rough but we still felt very safe. Go with one of the big company who have well trained captains. This was the only time we have every been over with big seas though. I have always found the seas pretty calm especially compared to Australia

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

Which boat company did you go with please? We're heading over next week!,

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

Can I ask which boat company you travelled with please? I'm bringing my son next week and feel very anxious about the crossing from Padang Bai to Gili T!!

Saltash, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

@JaneandAP I replied on the other post but here it is.

If its any help I have been to the Gilis three times now and am going again in March. I always travel from Kuta as the Fastboat companies will pick you up from your hotel. It will be early Kuta pickup is normally about 6:30 am for the first trip of the day. Sometime there is a later one but I have always done the early one getting to the Gilis about 11ish.

The website I have used in the past is Gilitransfers and prices at the moment start at £20 each way rising to about £36 depending on who you use. I have used Wahana Gili Ocean gilitransfers.com/fast-boats/….VshOE5yLTIU the last two times and will be using them again in March.

As for the actual crossing it can be a little bumpy at times but really nothing that bad, sometimes the water will leak in through the windows with some of the high waves but nothing to worry about. You have to remember this service is basically a water taxi not a luxury cruise. I have always seen plenty of life jackets and life boats.

I would recommend you take plenty of water with you and have a travel sick pill you can get them in local Circle K here is a picture so you know which one …kura2guide.com/wp-content/…Motion.jpg

Just as a comparison I have flown too, our flight was delayed in both directions and apparently this happens quite often, you pay your money and take your choice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

Thank you so much I think I am over thinking everything! I stayed on Gili T for nearly a year in 1998 and had a great time! You have put my mind to rest thanks for your reply Jane

6. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2016, 18:50
Fort Saskatchewan...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

We stayed at the beach house resort last year and it was fantastic!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,196 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

Wow ! What were you doing for nearly a year on Gili T in 1998 Jane ?

Edited: 01 April 2016, 15:00
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

Beach House is great, great staff, great location and BBQ seafood dinner is great value for money. Close enough to the action but far enough away that you can sleep at night. Enjoy

10. Re: The Beach House Resort, speed boat & other question! Help?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2017, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan