We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SOS Getting to Gili T now

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
SOS Getting to Gili T now

Hi there, I'm supposed to be in Gili T on Saturday but all the fast boats are cancelled. Some are saying even the slow boats are cancelled is this true? I know flying is an option but then are the boats from Lombok to Gili T cancelled too?

Please help!

Lombok
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: SOS Getting to Gili T now

The regular slow ferries are running. Flights today are fully booked and may well be for the next few days. You have a better chance getting to Gili Trawangan from Lombok it is only a short boat ride. However I know boats were not meant to be running yesterday till 1pm. One girl did post that she took the public boat from Gili Air to the mainland before that though. Good luck.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: SOS Getting to Gili T now

Lex P, hi

In this situation I'd suggest to check if your insurance covers situation like this: inability to reach destination due to the natural factors. All boats are cancelled and as a result flights are fully booked...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: SOS Getting to Gili T now

Lombok to Gili is very short distance, and protected waters. Compared with the 80kms of open seas from Bali. You stand a better chance getting to Gili t from Lombok mainland. if you can get a flight.

So far the large truck ferry is still running, but that could change. I imagine this to be a dreadful crossing in high seas, likely to take longer than the normal 4-6 hours. Not something I'd contemplate .. Gili t isn't worth it under those conditions

4. Re: SOS Getting to Gili T now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 February 2017, 03:01
5. Re: SOS Getting to Gili T now

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 February 2017, 03:01
6. Re: SOS Getting to Gili T now

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2018, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan