We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather and are the boats running

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Current weather and are the boats running

Hi,

In Bali currently and thinking of heading to Gili T on Monday. Was wondering if the boats have been running and what the weather has been like. All weather websites give me conflicting reports for next week.

Saltash, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Current weather and are the boats running

A friend of mine went from Gili Air to Bali yesterday and reckons its the roughest he has ever known and he lives on Gili Air.

Lombok
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Current weather and are the boats running

Seas have been very rough. I would suggest flying to Lombok and then a boat from Bangsal for the short hop to the islands.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
118 reviews
3. Re: Current weather and are the boats running

Flight is the only safe way. May be some reckless boat operators still sell their rides, but it's totally unsafe and completely irresponsible.

Get

#a plane ticket DPS-lop

# a taxi ride from lop to teluk Nara or bangsal

# a short boat ride to Gili from there within the island shoreline visibility range.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Current weather and are the boats running

We just arrived by a private speedboat to Gili Air

It was one scary ride

It was quite a bumpy one

Are there bigger boats back to Lombok

Edited: 05 February 2017, 07:05
5. Re: Current weather and are the boats running

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2018, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan