We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Allegra any reviews or info

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Allegra any reviews or info

Just booked a weeks break at this villa we are a family of 5 a 22 year old & 19 year old & 84 year old in the group if we wanted to drive to Playa Adeje for the eating out places is it nearer than Playa de las Americas we would eat out locally as well.

We will be coming in mid October hopefully for the sunny weather been to other Canary Islands at this time before & done Tenerife but not this part.

It says we can walk to the supermarket but it i understand maybe hilly but the young people hopefully can go there if not to far says 0.8km.

Thank you for any help or info.

Edited: 08 September 2017, 21:20
9 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,686 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Allegra any reviews or info

Do you have a link to who you have booked it with, then we know it's actual location and can help you?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Allegra any reviews or info

Nice Villa, but not sure how you will all get on in Callao. Not a great beach, and IMO some of the bars are a bit iffy, but there is a good selection of restaurants. The youngsters will probably need to get out and about so a hire car although not essential would make life easier for everyone. The village supermarkets are OK a bit on the expensive side but you can easily get to large supermarkets like Mercadona, Trebol and Lidl just off the motorway at Adeje.

https:/…

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Allegra any reviews or info

Hi we have booked it with James Villas Holidays https:/…

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Allegra any reviews or info

thanks for replying think it's just a chill week by the pool for all of us in some nice weather hopefully we usually shop like you said at Lidl and do a big shop just buy fresh bread etc locally we try eat out most nights as only for the week in some nice places by the sea if possible. The younger members may go into the busier resort and get a taxi back one night.

Thanks for any help & input

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Allegra any reviews or info

Should be fine if you're just looking to chill. It's a relatively quiet spot but the restaurants are fine and reasonably priced IMHO. There are two French bakeries for your fresh bread (our favourite, is the one down the steps from the axi rank). There is one restaurant on the beach itself, which can be a bit hit and miss. We've had good and not so good meals there, the good one being their steaks. If you have a car, then the Large Mercadona and Lidl are great value and quality only a ten-minute drive away off the roundabout at Adeje.

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Allegra any reviews or info

Thank you for your reply yes we have a hire car collection at the airport. I just wondered if it was far to drive in the evenings along the coast to the next resort for more variety as well at Costa Adje?

Would it very long walk for my Daughter and Son to go down to the Bakery for the bread do you think some days? It says the nearest supermarket is only 0.8km away.

Hopefully the weather will be sunny a fair bit it's not until mid October usually the weather has been good that time of year!

Thanks

Edited: 10 September 2017, 17:58
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Allegra any reviews or info

Hi there ,we spend three months in the winter there every year and really enjoy it .Where we stay is right at the top of the village and I'm 70 and we walk down to the village and around the beach every day !

We sometimes drive into Las Americas at night ,mostly when our daughter visits . We find enough restaurants in the village for us and everyone is friendly so we always end up chatting to someone.

Quite often during the day we would drive to La Caletta ,which is only a 5 min drive . It's a lovely fishing village .

We park there and it's a lovely walk over the beach and along the promenade to Del Duque in Adeje.

We also drive to Alcala on market day and have a walk there too.

We use the beach in San Juan which is great and is only 7euros fifty for 2 beds and an umbrella ., with a good bar service and very reasonably priced food.

As Jonnyboy says you are better to stock up for food at the Mercadonna and there's a great Spanish style warehouse opposite that has an amazing variety of alcohol .

Edited: 10 September 2017, 18:38
Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Allegra any reviews or info

I hope you've chosen your car hire firm wisely.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Allegra any reviews or info

Hi JohnboyH. I am currently looking at hiring a car at the airport and wondered if you have any advice to offer. I see some are saying shuttle bus to pick up point. I take it this means they are off the airport grounds. My husband is disabled and we are looking to collect car as near as possible so any advice would be most welcome. Do we need to take any additional insurance to CDW as I heard some try to sell you insurance which is unnecessary. We have hired from the airport previously but it is a few years ago. TIA

Reply to: Villa Allegra any reviews or info
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Callao Salvaje
Recent Conversations