We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New restaurant- Nebula

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
New restaurant- Nebula

Wondering if anyone has been to this new restaurant near El Jable? Looks very nice and prices seem good

21 replies to this topic
York, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

Hi there, my boyfriend and I are huge foodies and I have been coming to Callao salvaje for ten years. I have never had a meal as good. The prices may look like it is too good to be true however I can assure you this isn't the case. The cocktails and the food really are truly exceptional. My boyfriend has had both types of steak during our one week here and both were cooked perfectly. I had the shoulder of lamb both times because it was too good not to have a second time. It really is truly excellent here!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

Thanks very much Lizi, we'll go tomorrow, El Ancla is our "go-to" place usually, so it'll be a change.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

Hi lizi f

Can you recommend any more restaurants in the area...thanks

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

Unfortunate name

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

Can you give its location? Has it taken over the premises of a former restaurant?

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

It's where the Santander was at the bus stop.

We had a meal there a couple of weeks ago and with our experience we weren't that impressed.

I love cocktails and I love trying different ones ,so we called in one morning just to see the menu and cocktail list with a view to booking .

The manager /owner told us how he was a qualified mixologist and rhymed off a long list of cocktails but they don't have a cocktail menu.

We liked the menu and asked him if we could book a table for the next night .

He said to choose anywhere and wrote it down . We like to eat inside so we chose one at the back .

When we arrived the table we'd choosen was set for 6 people and they'd no booking for us .

We said we'd asked for that table but we're given another anyhow ,not really a problem ,but not very impressed.

We didn't have a starte and for mains I had roast shoulder of lamb which was delicious but my husband had prawns with rice and as he only got 6 prawns ,and not much he wasn't impressed. I can't remember what we paid but it wasn't cheap.

The 'reserved ' table we later saw was for friends or family who came in later.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

Claire the best meals we've had in Callao and in fact in Tenerife is in La Romantica.

We were there last night and had a fantastic meal again .

The men had Chateaubriand and we both had duck Magret in a fruit sauce . We had complimentary smoked salmon on thinly sliced bread for a starter and for dessert we had flambé strawberries in champagne sauce and the men had flambé strawberries with pepper . All courses came beautifully presented .

We had a complimentary bottle of white wine ,water , 4 beers (2 non alcoholic) and we had liquors given with the bill and a rose each for the ladies all for 120 euros .

Amazing value. Service was top class too.

But for restaurants in the area ,there are lots of good ones . Sopressos being another ,famous for their ribs .

We rarely eat outside Callao as there's lots to choose and the prices are very compatible.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

Been a couple of times, Joan and really liked it. Food quite sophisticated - although maybe a little pricier than others in CS. Ambience really good -aiming for upmarket cocktail bar, I think; Eduardo makes a mean cocktail actually...

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

I recommend Sansibar which overlooks the beach, Casa Maria and Bombay Babu. There are more places then you realise here, wish we had more than the week to try them out!

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New restaurant- Nebula

@laidback . Try La Romantica . Don't be put off by the pictures of food outside . Their Magret of duck is delicous as is their Chateaubriand and flambé strawberries in champagne. Excellent service and beautifully presented with a liquor and a Rose for the ladies at the end is a nice touch too.

You have to try the ribs in Sopressos too!

Edited: 26 March 2017, 23:57
Reply to: New restaurant- Nebula
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Callao Salvaje
Recent Conversations