We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of suntan Lotion

Grimes, Iowa
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Cost of suntan Lotion
Save

I have scoured these pages and if I am overlooking this, I apologize. however this Cayman Virgin's questions are .. in the stores in BoddenTown, what can we expect to pay for a bottle of suntan lotion? best to buy in grocery store or souvenir shop?? Also, where is the most affordable place to get groceries in Boddentown of all the grocery stores? We are deciding whether to check baggage or carry-on. Also, if anyone has any great places to eat, things to do in Boddentown that are fun and different, I would love to hear them. Cayman Island .. see you in May 2015!!! thank you!

8 replies to this topic
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
20 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Cost of suntan Lotion
Save

Rankins has jerk chicken and some other items...eating is outside at picnic tables or carry out

closest big store is Fosters at Countryside shopping Center in Savannah

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,847 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Cost of suntan Lotion
Save

Where in BT are you staying?

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
211 reviews
99 helpful votes
3. Re: Cost of suntan Lotion
Save

Really hard to give an exact estimate. Typically the higher the SPF the more expensive it is and there are many different brands each with their own price points. Supermarket is probably your best bet for price and selection but expect to pay more than you would at home.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,847 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Cost of suntan Lotion
Save

There are no large grocery stores in Bodden Town. What happened to your plan to stay at Harbour View?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
8,590 posts
35 reviews
20 helpful votes
5. Re: Cost of suntan Lotion
Save

in my experience, Foster's offers excellent products but sometimes sunscreen selection limited. At their Strand location in November pretty sparse, yet wasable to purchase something good at decent cost....and was more attentive than during past tropical trips since having surgery for aSquamous skin cancer surgery last Spring. Dive shops in the SMB area usually have a better range of Sunscreen products. We always stay in Central SMB where there are many vendors nearby for best array. maybe about a 20 minute drive from BoddenTown to Diver's Supply in SMB plaza. For groceries, Foster's Savannah location will more than meet your needs and perhaps for sunscreen as well.

Islip, New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
118 reviews
82 helpful votes
6. Re: Cost of suntan Lotion
Save

I use Neutrigena spf 70 spray & just bought it at Fosters Strand location for CI$15. (That's US$18.75)

Usually pay about $10 for it at CVS. It is expensive but worth the expense if it helps to protect me from more skin cancers. The can is 4 ounces so that means that you cannot have it in a carry on bag. Of course if you bring 3 ounce tubes if cream with you, that might be the cheapest.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
8,372 posts
2 reviews
13 helpful votes
7. Re: Cost of suntan Lotion
Save

I think I remember seeing it in the Ritz Carlton gift shop for $30 CI a bottle. So there is always that. :)

B.

Islip, New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
118 reviews
82 helpful votes
8. Re: Cost of suntan Lotion
Save

I forgot to mention that Kirk supermarket usually has a better selection than Fosters.

Same prices.

Reply to: Cost of suntan Lotion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bodden Town
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.