We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Bodden Town

Clarendon Hills...
Level Contributor
179 posts
24 reviews
15 helpful votes
Snorkeling Bodden Town
Save

Looks like pretty strong winds from the NE for 1/19-1/26 so the whole area from Rum Point to Morritts will probably have dicey visibility. What can you tell me about the bay @ Bodden Town. I've read the area off of the cemetery can be good, but when I tried it in 2011 it wasn't very impressive. I'm thinking maybe I didn't go offshore far enough. Seemed like I was out about 180 yards, but there wasn't a well-defined reef structure. The aerials seem to indicate a very definitive barrier reef there. My thought is to just go farther. Is there a sand flat separating the reef from shore that I need to cross over ? Would you recommend just following the reef eastward once I find it ?

1 reply
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,739 posts
21 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: Snorkeling Bodden Town
Save

Here's my take on Bodden Town snorkeling. It is OK when other areas are a no-go, but not the best GC has to offer. Personally, I'd head to Eden Rock or Cemetery if I didn't mind the drive..

http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/post/1232741973/bodden-town

Reply to: Snorkeling Bodden Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bodden Town
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.