We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing liquor from home

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
272 posts
9 reviews
8 helpful votes
Bringing liquor from home
Save

`Looking at past posts, Ive read that it is ok to bring liquor from home. Am I correct to believe that you cannot bring it in your carryon since it is over the 3 oz rule? I am very familiar with the Cayman liquor stores and their great selections but unfortunately, they do not carry Sweet Tea Vodka!! Thanks!

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
736 posts
24 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Bringing liquor from home
Save

Yes if it's over 3 oz of any liquid, pack it in your checked luggage otherwise it won't make it past the security checkpoint. Cayman Customs duty-free limits for all passengers over the age of 18 years are:

Up to 1 liter of Potable Spirits

Or 4 liters of wine

Or 1 case of Beer (not exceeding 8 liters)

http://www.customs.gov.ky/portal/page?_pageid=3461,6675345&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
22 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: Bringing liquor from home
Save

Only way you get to bring it on board as a carry-on is if you have bought it at a duty free shop at the airport from which your flight to GC departs. It'd be delivered to your gate and passed to you as you head to the plane.

Since your "beverage of choice" isn't something you'll find everywhere apparently, the odds of duty free having it is probably also fairly slim.

Islip, New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
118 reviews
82 helpful votes
3. Re: Bringing liquor from home
Save

Why don't you e mail Jacques Scott Liquor Store? If anyone has that vodka, it would be them.

Otherwise you can buy special zip lock bags made for shipping liquor/wine bottles safely. Look online.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
272 posts
9 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Bringing liquor from home
Save

Thanks so much for the help everyone. I did email Jacques Scott with no luck. Amd I checked several of the others since they had their inventory on line. I will look for the ziplocs. Thanks for the tip!!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
1 review
5. Re: Bringing liquor from home
Save

Another group to try on island is Cayman Distributors which is owned by Dart.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
51 reviews
67 helpful votes
6. Re: Bringing liquor from home
Save

kls...you should ck out the Firefly Resort on Elbow Cay/Hopetown in the Abacos Bahamas. It is named Firefly after the Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. They have half a dozen specialty drinks or more made with it. The Family who owns the Resort invented that vodka in SC! My fav is the frozen lemonade & st vodka combo! Great on a warm afternoon.

7. Re: Bringing liquor from home

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2016, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Bodden Town
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.