We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

Hi,

I hope someone will read this message, who has stayed at the Lagunamar apartments in Boca de Tomatlan.

I can not find any review on the apartments, almost as if they do not exist or as if there is something wrong.

It would be great, if I could get some honest feedback on Lagunamar.

Thank you!

15 replies to this topic
San Francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

I have not stayed at Lagunamar in Boca but I have toured the facilities and they seemed appealing as long as you enjoy Mexican style lodging. There are hundreds if not thousands of charmless international modern style rooms available on the road to Boca, like Intercontinental, Howard Johnson, Barcelo with all the amenities not found in many Mexican style hotels. Boca is a terrific hideaway but there is only one homey Mexican restaurant at night and a taco stand. No grocery stores, souvenirs ( except for beach vendors) or Oxxo (Mexican 7 Eleven).

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

well not a whole lot of people come to boca.But if I was coming for my first time I would check out casadelfinboca@yahoo.com it is 30 seconds from the beach and a damned nice place.

3. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 20:40

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

Thank you for posting this! I believe they are still listing on Craigslist. I have been searching for where the place maybe and feel strongly you are referring to this ad. pv.en.craigslist.com.mx/apa/4426060302.html

The woman who sent me a short reply is named Barb and says she will get back to me today. I haven't heard anything but sure glad I found this review! If anyone can state otherwise would be greatly appreciated.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
23 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

This is probably too late but we really liked Lagunamar. There are two different buildings across from each other on the river. One is located on the townside and is somewhat less attractive but spacious and comfortable. We loved our big terrace and the views were fantastic. The only thing we found lacking in Boca was alcohol so stop in PV and load up as there is only beer here. We fell in love with this place as it offers so much. The beach is great for swimming. The restaurants are rigth on the beach and you can have fresh fish and sunsets every night. We rented a panga for a day and we visited many places south and even took horses up to a giant waterfall after we went snorkeling. Incredible value and culture! We met some native locals on the river who offered us langostina. They were so happy to see people exploring. We are going back for more!

6. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Mission, BC. Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

Thank you for the heads up.......I am thinking of retiring to Puerto Vallarta, and had an especially nice day in Boca when I was down to PV in January......and thought Boca might be a nice place as the bus service is so good to and from PV, and I thought rentals might be a little cheaper there.......Im sorry that you got scammed. I see that the place is still advertised on Craigslist....they also seem to have it up for sale as well.....I hope the Mexican gov't can help you out......Sincerely, HammyJ

8. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

SK
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

Oh, this is sure to end well.

SK
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan

Just a question Bruce. I have no skin in this fight so have no clue who is wrong or right, nor do I care. But the question is, right or wrong, do you *really* think this line of attack will assuage any fears the public may have in doing business with you in the future?

FYI. It doesn't.

Reply to: Apartment Rental - Lagunamar in Boca de Tomatlan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boca de Tomatlan
Recent Conversations