We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Lezzeno

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Lezzeno

I am travelling to Lezzeno on 15th July for 10 days. I planned to use it as a base after a hectic week in Milan. I enjoy relaxing and eating out so I’m happy to spend a couple of lazy days in Lezzeno. I would like to visit other towns and villages on the lake and don’t want to end up stranded if I decide to eat out and return later in the evening. I’m travelling with my mum who is in her 70’s so I wouldn’t be late nights. Any thoughts / information on transport as I won’t have a car would be appreciated. I am also learning Italian and thought a less touristy place as a base would force me to speak Italian

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
7 replies to this topic
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Lezzeno

Whilst the relative quiet at Lezzeno would definitely be charming (though you need to be sure your acco is not near the main road), there is a drawback: Lezzeno is not on the midlake shuttle circuit, and hence has fairly limited frequency of boats during daytime. And boats are the way to go around Lake Como.

At night there are no boats. Should you want to go for dinner in Bellagio, your options are bus, taxi or (very expensive) watertaxi

Edited: 04 June 2018, 16:20
Mentioned in this post
Lake Como
Lake Como
Lombardy, Italy
Bellagio
Bellagio
Lake Como, Italy
Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Lezzeno

During the day, assuming you aren't prone to car sickness, you'll likely be fine with the C30 bus line. It's about 20 min to Bellagio, where you can ferry pretty much anywhere you'll want to go in the central lake area.

Lezzeno has its own ferry dock, but there's only one daily run in each direction of the slow boat where you can enjoy the view. As stated, when the bus stops around 8pm ... it's a challenge to get around. From what I've heard, Lezzeno is knocking itself out to offer more tourist services (I believe there's even an info point now), and a quick search turned up not one but two local taxis (!) now, but in practice I don't know rates or reliability. Definitely worth asking, though.

It'll be a bit of a hassle without a car, but it can be done if you're determined. When in doubt, go have a meal at the Hotel Aurora and ask for advice at the bar -- no one knows that area & what's on offer better than the Gregorios.

Mentioned in this post
Bellagio
Bellagio
Lake Como, Italy
Level Contributor
52 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Lezzeno

You need to check the timings of the ferries,they are not that frequent and sometimes the waiting time exceeds an hour.Other options are the bus which I don’t recommend with old people.It is moving fast and one get easily get dizzy and the taxis which are expensive and not that easy to get.In general transportation to and from Lezzeno isn’t that user-friendly especially with old people

Please check out my blogpost about it https:/…

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Lezzeno

Just want to say thank you!!! Your posts are so helpful!! :)

Province of Turin...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Lezzeno

An option to connect Lezzeno to other places on Lake Como is the hydrofoil

To go to Bellagio from Lezzeno you can take the C30 bus

or you can take a taxi costs € 20-25

Below is the site of the local taxi

www.taxilezzeno.com

Edited: 11 July 2018, 23:37