We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket near Cong

England
Level Contributor
93 posts
48 reviews
Supermarket near Cong

Hi all

We are a party of 10 travelling to Cong for a week at the end of May, we know the area as have travelled through previously and would like to know the location of the nearest large supermarket. Our thoughts are it could be the Lidl in Tuam and Joyce's in Headford.

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Supermarket near Cong

There's a Tesco Superstore in Westport. That might be about the same distance as Tuam. I just like Tesco better than Lidl.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,242 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Supermarket near Cong

Joyces would be a fair bet..

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
3. Re: Supermarket near Cong

Hi vegasking

No need to go to Tuam or Westport for a supermarket.

Living in the area, I always shopped in Ballinrobe (or Castlebar for the "bigger" shops). There's a Tesco and Supervalu in Ballinrobe or Joyces in Headford and O'Connor's shop in Cong itself to pick up daily essentials.

If you want some of the best meat in Ireland, tip over to Molloy's butchers in Shrule. He slaughters his own meat, and will probably be able to point out what field the beast lived in. I still often pop in and buy meat from him when over that way and have bought whole lambs for the freezer.

Have a great time. The area around Cong is a great place to stay and base yourself to experience all the area has to offer.

England
Level Contributor
93 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: Supermarket near Cong

Thanks to all and Little Pumpkin I wasn't aware of the Tescos in Ballinrobe which may actually offer the easiest solution although I do think we shall shop in Cong too.

5. Re: Supermarket near Cong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2018, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Cong