We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar pools

pittsburgh
2 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar pools

I stayed at the Lindo in Sept 2009. The pool at Del Mar was closed at that time. It looked beautiful, so needless to say I was very disappointed that we did not have it available. I am returning this Sept and I have booked the Del Mar this time. I know that the facilities at the Lindo are not available to me, but I thought the pool at the Lindo was. Does anyone know for sure? If it is not techniquely included for me, does anyone know if they strictly enforce this?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,459 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar pools

The pool at the Lindo/Maya is for Lindo/Maya guests only.

I really like the layout and over all feel of the Del Mar pool better anyway. It does not feel as crowded as the pool at the Lindo/Maya.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar pools

As schmerl said, the pools and the rest of the Lindo facilities are not available to guests at the Beach and Del Mar. There are signs on the border walkways stating this. I also agree that I like the pool at the Del Mar better and it does seem less crowded.

To answer part two of your question, yes, it is enforced. Some may get away with it from time to time but if noticed you will be told to leave.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar pools

I heard they are starting to charge an extra $50 pp per day if you want to use the Lindo pool while staying at the Del Mar. I guess thats if you get caught :)

4. Re: Iberostar pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 18:19