We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

New York
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

Hi all - just booked Dreams in May. My boyfriend and I travel often to all different places. We were in Punta Cana in October. Heading back to the DR but this time to La Romana. For those who have stayed at Dreams - is there any tips you can share to help make our stay the best it can be? We are pretty easy going vacationers .. Just looking to relax in the sun with a drink in hand. Look forward to hearing what u have to say... Thank u in advance.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
140 reviews
1. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

We loved Dreams La Romana.

Bring or buy in the gift shop a float for afternoon soaking in the calm ocean with drink in hand.

Bring your own snorkel gear - they do have loaners, but only for an hour at a time and hard to come by.

Go preferred if budget allows. Their loungers are much more comfortable and internet is free.

The top floors have vaulted ceilings, but the woodpeckers can be a problem.

Keep an eye out for the gala night at the buffet - beautiful dessert display.

Eat early - you may have an hour wait in the ala cartes after 7.

Fly into La Romana airport if possible - easy and fast.

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
556 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

We are leaving in two weeks... Can not hardly wait! If you are on Facebook, as dreams la romana as your friend... Louise from the resort has a wealth of information on there..happy travels!

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

Hola: We are headed back to DLR in November for our 6th time!! You will love it. Be sure and walk down the beach into Bayahibe . Grab a "greenie" (Presidente) at the mercado and explore the town and waterfront. Grab a lunch at one of the restaurants. If you have time take a trip to Saona Island.

Have a great time.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
152 reviews
4. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

Bring Bubba Mugs. Bring USD $1 bills for tipping. Read back on T A for all the great ideas, pictures and videos. Preferred at this Dreams is your best bang for your buck. Spend the money for it.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
673 posts
57 reviews
5. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

I'm just curious... Why do you need to bring your own mugs? Do they not serve drinks in glasses at Dreams?

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
140 reviews
6. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

I thought their drink sizes were fine, so I used my to-go mug for am tea to take with me.

Some people bring them to put a few drinks at a time in to avoid trips to the bar.

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

Hola Andy C: Many people bring an insulated mug or glass to have filled with their favorite beverage. It keeps the drinks cold and some bring whats called the "Bubba Mugs" that can come in large sizes so it cuts down on your trips to the bar.

At DLR the wonderful waitresses come by often enough to the pool and referred beach area that even though I bring an insulated mug, I seldom use it.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
673 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

Thanks for that Maineacs & dotneko. I thought maybe they'd resorted to using plastic due to breakages or something.

Anyway, I don't think my drinks will spend long enough in the glass to get warm, if you know what I mean :)

New York
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

Would like to request a room/building prior to our arrival end of this month - anyone have any suggestions on best rooms, floors, sections? We most likely will be upgrading to Preferred.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Dreams - booked! What I need to know??

Hi Knightly016

I work as e-concierge for Dreams La Romana, I can help with all of your room requests or upgrades, should you need any help or have any further questions feel free to email me at econcierge.drelr@dreamsresorts.com or alternatively add our page on Facebook.

Kind regards

Louise