We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding at Sarıgerme

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Horse riding at Sarıgerme

Several months ago there was a post from someone who went horse riding with Sarıgerme Tours to Adrenalin Park,a place used by all local agencies for horse riding and other activities.They were very distressed by the day and I contacted them privately to find out more details.Apparently amongst other things a horse collapsed .

I then contacted Sarıgerme Tours to ask them to look into this.I also contacted the local authorities to ask them to investigate.It is too far away from me to for to be able to go personally so I also contacted a few people who are involved in animal welfare in the area to see if they could check out the place.They said they would let me know if there was anything amiss and I haven't heard from them.Someone from the local council did get back to say thats they were satisfied with the centre and that they knew that a veterinary attended there on a regular basis.

Then just today I had an e mail from Sarıgerme Tours,part of which I would like to share with you.The writer is someone who knows this place very well and had several things to say about the owner.Quote"

the owner,Soner,is passionate about horses and takes no profit from the horse riding using all the money for the care and medical treatment for horses he has rescued from neglect or mistreatment.His(Soner)attitude is 'if it is too hot for me it is too hot for my horses'.As a Muslim he is also very aware of the teachings of the Kuran on the care and compassion we must show to animals.The animals have a large paddock where they can roam and run free and are only used a couple of times each day.A vet visits regularly and a farrier comes every month to attend their hooves.

Last summer a horse fell ill and sadly died at which the owner and his wife both wept brokenly."unquote.

I wonder if the horse that collapsed was this one at the start of it's illness?We can never know.

I must stress again that I haven't personally seen the stables and so rely on what information is given to me to pass on to you.

Sarıgerme Tours is a long standing agency with a very good reputation.If this stables had a problem I feel that they would look elsewhere for a provider for this service or discontinue it, as adverse publicity would be damaging to their reputation.

I feel satisfied that there is no serious problem there but if anyone goes horse riding this summer and see's anything seriously wrong then please let me know as I cannot go myself to see.

Do bear in mind a point also made by the writer and that is that animals here are much thinner by nature than those in colder climates.Indeed my own animals eat a disgusting amount of food and yet are all very slim(unlike me!).

The agency owner has taken my issue very seriously and investigated and then let me know the situation rather than just choosing to ignore it which I think is a commendable and responsible attitude.

Hope this is a help to you all this summer.Sarıkanarya.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
573 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding at Sarıgerme

Thank you for bringing such an important matter to everyones attention.

As you said Sarigerme Tours does have a very good reputation and i have always used them for my trips. Im glad he took the issue seriously.

I think this is an important post that if we can try and bump it up regularly so people can keep an eye on the situation through the season.

Mentioned in this post
Sarigerme Tours
Sarigerme Tours
148 Reviews
Sarigerme, Turkey
2. Re: Horse riding at Sarıgerme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 17:28
Get answers to your questions about Sarigerme