We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping near Sarigerme - out of season

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
76 reviews
Shopping near Sarigerme - out of season

Hello

we are off to the Hilton in Nov and would like to get out and about for a bit of shopping, dont mind travelling a bit but concerned with it being out of season as such that the amount of shops might be limited

any suggestions as to shops being open and where the best place would be to go shopping ?

6 replies to this topic
Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
8,002 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Shopping near Sarigerme - out of season

What sort of shopping do you want to do? The usual "tourist trinkets" - fake t shirts and designer stuff or what? I do not know whether there will be any shops still open in Sarigerme in November but when I visited there, I did see there were quite a few "upmarket" shops selling real brand (not fake) polo shirts, bags etc.

I suppose the best all year shopping centre is Fethiye: it has a proper shopping mall and there are a number of Turkish fashion brand shops. But you would need a couple of dolmus changes to make that trip so a hire car would be a lot easier.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Shopping near Sarigerme - out of season

You can get a Dolmus from Sarigerme to Ortaca which is a Turkish working town. Lots of shops there and a Friday market. Less than 30 minutes on the bus.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
8,002 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Shopping near Sarigerme - out of season

Hi Scouse, I was hoping someone would come up with somewhere nearer: I only remember shopping for furniture in Ortaca and couldn't think of any other sort of shops! Also I suppose there are shops in Dalaman?

manchester
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
109 reviews
4. Re: Shopping near Sarigerme - out of season

Ortaca is fairly good for shopping. Found some really nice shops there a few weeks ago and a new restaurant called Pier Gusto where the food was excellent

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Shopping near Sarigerme - out of season

There are lots of shops in Ortaca, even a department store in one of the streets opposite the bus station.

Edited: 23 October 2018, 18:45
Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: Shopping near Sarigerme - out of season

naturally my daughter is going to want to look at fake stuff so that needs to be taken into concideration - happy to go to Fethiye and/or Ortaca - which ever one has to most to offer

good to know that there are places still open, it will keep daughter happy I hope

thanks for all your help

Reply to: Shopping near Sarigerme - out of season
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sarigerme
Recent Conversations