We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodhran Bar

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
minstrelbhoy
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Bodhran Bar

Any one been in the Bodhran bar recently, just wondering if Johnny is still playing in the corner. Heading out there in November so hopefully he is still there.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodhran Bar

we were in pdc mid sept stayed in apartment just up from the Bodhran bar stopped in one night on way back to apartments and Johnny was still playing in the corner.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodhran Bar

Yes he's playing away each night in the Bodhran. He & Josie have taken over the lease and having a ball? We're just back at the weekend and had a few beers with them during our holiday.

Best wishes again to them, hello to all the gang:)

Kevin & Claire

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodhran Bar

I first heard Johnny in Ringaskiddy many moons ago :) when in Lanzarote we heard him firstly in the Harbour Bar ,and after that he moved to a pub in the centre opposite La Cascada restaurant . Its great to hear he is still going strong :)

regards Deedee

Cork
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodhran Bar

Yep Johnny & Josie now own the Bodhran

Lincs
Level Contributor
531 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bodhran Bar

We passed this bar most evenings on our way home and it was almost full to bursting point, so they must be doing something right.

Good luck to em

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bodhran Bar

yes, Johnny Crowley is still playing there nightly, was over 2 weeks ago, good crack in it for a small bar

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bodhran Bar

Hello Johnny, Victor here, had a great crack over there in d Bodhran bar, lookin forward to goin back sometime in the not so distant future, take care, see u all again sometime, possibly for the wedding..ha.. God bless, Victor, Monasterevan, Co.Kildare.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bodhran Bar

We stumbled across the bodhran whilst in PDC in 2009 and found jimmy was the life and soul of the place we went back for around 4 of the 7 nights we were there. I really enjoyed his songs and his song of the 32 counties he didnt believe me tullow co. carlow was a real place i will be going back in may and i will bring proof this time ha ha. Oh and he robbed me of €8 for a watch but i won't hold it against him

9. Re: Bodhran Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen