We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of food and drink in shops

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Price of food and drink in shops

Hi all,

I'm bringing a large group over later this year and they keep asking me how much normal things cost

Like Milk / bread / beer in shops normal things

Also beer in pubs/clubs ,, Local beers etc

cheers

1. Re: Price of food and drink in shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 23:35
Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of food and drink in shops

Hi

I'll try and give a sensible anwser having just read the other one !!!! LOL

Milk - Tends to be UHT from 50c upwards (depends where you buy it)

Bread - (do you want English Bread) around 2 euro but most place cook fresh bread sticks from around 50c

Beer - Shops (cans) from 25c upwards (bottles) 1 euro upwards

Best place to shop is the BIG supermarket opposite the airport as these are normal prices not tourist prices. Especially as you have a large group of you coming over would be suicidal to shop in tourist supermarkets.

Beer in the bars goes from 1.50 upwards. Clubs tend to be a bit more expensive..

Anything else just ask..

Keith

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of food and drink in shops

Thanks Keith. I'll be renting a car... and the one at the Airport sounds good.. Whats it called ?,,

Once i have the car I can fill up lol

Cheers

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of food and drink in shops

Hi

Its called Hiperdino and is directly opposite the airport you can't miss it.. You will find it alot cheaper than the tourist ones...

Have a good holiday..

Keith

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of food and drink in shops

I´d actually recommend popping up to Tias instead of the airport. Much easier drive and as well as a "locals" Hiperdino, you also have Ropers which is great for picking up frozen meats etc, and has a better selection of fresh veg.

Also might be worth popping in to Gangas if you are deperate for english products.

6. Re: Price of food and drink in shops

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 23:35
Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Price of food and drink in shops

I am not so sure the Ropers fresh veg is up to much either, the veg shop that was there before was far better. Its still better than what you are going to find down in PDC and the prices are very good so worth a look if passing. Personally I also think the supermarket in Tias is not as cheap as the one by the airport and Gangas is hardly worth worrying about. We where in there this morning and looking very poor in the food section.

cheers

Keith

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of food and drink in shops

I do have to say though that we use the Hiperdinos on Calle Reina Sofia in the old town, the one in Tias and the large one by the airport and I have to say I haven.t noticed any price difference at all.

Yes some products are dearer in the one on Calle Anzuela and the Hiperdino Expresses are definately dearer, but the idea that you can make huge savings by going to the shops not in the resort is a bit of a fallacy IMHO.

The range of products and stock levels might be a little better, but thats about it.

9. Re: Price of food and drink in shops

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen