We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

avoid Alpha Rooms

Birmingham
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
avoid Alpha Rooms

ive used them several times without hitch - I realise because I didnt need to contact them again after Id made the booking. I have now been trying to get through to them for nearly 4 weeks by all methods - direct email, raising support requests as they tell you to, phone (either cuts you off or keeps you on hold and no-one answers) and Ive even sent a letter through the post. Now I am going on holiday with my ex boyfriend rather unfortunately because we just havent been able to get through to them to amend the holiday. So angry, wish Id read other reviews

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

Thanks for the tip, I know it's really frustrating when you can't get hold of any support.

Hope you have a nice time, possible reconcilliation ??,

Only reason I say it is that if you really didn't get on, one of you would drop out of the hol

Enjoy

Danny

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
406 posts
106 reviews
2. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

sorry to hear of your problems with alpha rooms. In the past i had no problems in contacting them and got through relatively quickly.

It is peak season so this may be your reason in not getting through to them

Birmingham
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

No, we're adults and can get on for a week. Plus I'm not paying!!!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

to update, Alpha Rooms finally sent me an email some 4 weeks later saying they were answering messages in travel date order. Absolutely of no use to me now!

dublin
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

My sister booked with them in the past and had no problems, so my girlfriend and I booked our holiday last year through them.

A few days before we went I got an email saying our booking had been cancelled. I rang them and the person I spoke to told me it had to be cancelled to confirm the credit card was valid and the booking was re-instated.

When we reached our hotel and handed in our booking confirmation they had no record of the booking.

It was 11pm so this was the last thing we wanted to happen. After 30mins they took our booking and said they would sort it out.

When we got back from the hloiday I sent them emails and heard nothing, nearly 1 year later

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

My sister has just booked her hotel through alpha rooms. She realised that the accommodation vouchers hadn't been sent through after a few days. She tried to contact them to discuss it but found it a nightmare to get through. Eventually she got through and the lady said that it had been booked even though they hadn't sent the vouchers. My sister told them that she hadn't even got a booking reference number. She also told the lady at Alpha rooms that she was worried about what she had read online about Alpha rooms. Apparently holidaymakers arrive at their hotel only to be told that a room hadn't been booked for them and also some people had been told 2 days prior to travel that their holiday had been cancelled. When my sister asked about this the lady replied "yes this could happen". Unbelievable. Talk about rip people off and ruin their holiday, not acceptable. Needless to say my sister cancelled the hotel and booked through someone else. I have used this company personally and i wasn't impressed with how they dealt with things. Customer service wasn't up to much in my opinion. Good luck, I hope your holiday turns out ok for you.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

Holiday did turn out ok (stayed at La Florida apartments in Puerto del Carmen) and would go again. I took the hotel contact details to deal with direct though next time and have also found I can book them through Monarch and other agents. Id taken a note of other hotels in the area just in case before I left though!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

Glad you had a great holiday and that Alpha rooms didn't ruin the holiday for someone else.

Liverpool, U.K.
Level Contributor
66 posts
53 reviews
9. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

Alpharooms are an absolute nightmare to get through to when you have a problem. Their sales line is picked up straight away but their customer service line takes at least 20 minutes of waiting to get through. We had a nightmare on arrival at our hotel when they booked the wrong rooms, and charged us for more expensive ones then we got. I have never gotten a penny or even a reply out of them.

They ignore emails and letters as well. Don't use them, if things go wrong you'll be in trouble.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
10. Re: avoid Alpha Rooms

I had the same problem, no record of my booking and no customer service and no refund, I would never book with alpharooms again