We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

costa teguise

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
honey94
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
costa teguise

how far is costa teguise from puerto del carmen?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,911 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: costa teguise

Its not far at all actually! I would say at a rough estimate less than an hour by bus and half an hour by taxi! Hubby and I booked to go to Costa Teguise next year again but will be having the odd day in Peurto Del Carmen.

UK
Level Contributor
952 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: costa teguise

Useful distance chart :-

lanzarote-tour.com/servicios/distancias.php

And here's all you need to know about buses on Lanzarote, known locally as Guaguas (pronounced wahwha's) :-

www.arrecifebus.com/index.php?lang=english

and taxis :-

http://www.lanzarotetaxi.com/en/index.php

(though interestingly doesn't give quote for CT - PDC but I think you're looking at €30 ish)

honey94
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: costa teguise

Thanks alot for the quick reply, my husband and I have booked flights to lanzarote in jan but we are in two minds about staying in costa teguise, we are in our 30's with no kids, what do you think?

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: costa teguise

hiya, we have just come back from Costa Teguise and we are in our 30's with no children, we found all the pubs and restaurants open even though it is off season. It was also warm with a couple of drizzly days. Enjoyed it even though we probably won't be going back again. Prefer a holiday with a bit more culture and a place that hasn't resorted to catering for the English as much. If all you are after is a break in the sun with plenty of drinking and Enlish cooked breakfasts it will be perfect.(obviously that is not all you get, but you get the picture) The people that live there all seem very friendly and helpful. Hope you enjoy yourselves.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: costa teguise

Honey94,have you considered Puerto del Carmen or maybe Playa Blanca ???

UK
Level Contributor
952 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: costa teguise

Whilst I agree largely with Shannon1, the resorts are quite touristy and pretty void of culture and there’s a surplus of Brit influence the island DOES however have many other aspects, including culture of differing kinds, if you get out of the 3 main resorts. I think that’s probably true of most ‘resorts’ as they by definition are the for tourists and so bound to be touristy.

Ole

Costa Teguise, Spain
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: costa teguise

all resorts are purpose built for tourist entertainment,the 'culture' will generally be found outside the holiday areas,and lanzarote has loads! obviously you need transport or booked trips to see it! and there is no off season in lanzarote,it is open for busines 12 months a year,no close downs,dont mean to be pedantic just like to get the truth out!

if it's bars and discos your after then puerto del carmen will suit you better,costa is a bit quieter with little squares with restaurants and bars were as puerto has a main large,long avenida leading down to an old town and harbour area.

happy hols wherever you choose x

8. Re: costa teguise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2010, 05:19