We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Hi all,

We will be travelling to PCD in September with our 5 month old. Our flight doesn't arrive until 10pm and again we get to PDC will be probably be 11/12 all going well. Are any of the supermarkets open that late? We are staying in la penita.

Also do they do pampers over there or van anyone recommend a local brand.

Thanks!

12 replies to this topic
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
171 reviews
1. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Hiperdino in Calle Anzuelo is open until 11pm . Most open 8.30am mornings.

Belfast
Level Contributor
871 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

I’m not sure any of the supermarkets will be open that late however depending on what you need you could get it in one of the money smaller shops dotted along - mainly Indian owned. There’s one directly beside la Penita when you go down the steps beside Renner Bikes and California Bar. However la Penita staff are really lovely and helpful and I’m sure if there was something specific you wanted you could email them and ask for them to get delivered to your apartment. If it’s water for babies bottles they sell it in la Penita reception. I used the local nappies can’t remember the name but think it was something like dodos or close to it! But you’ll see them in most of the supermarkets. I particularly liked the hiperdino just around corner from la Penita in Calle Chalana - it’s attached to Playa Club apartments bunt accessible to all. Any queries just ask away. You will love La Penita and PDC fantastic resort

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Thanks for the replies.

Mimi M, that's great info! Main thing would be water so we once we have enough of that and nappies we'll be fine until the next day!

This is our second time in PDC, first time we stayed at lomo blanco so la penita end is fairly new to us!cam you recommend a nice bar we could go to while we have baby in the buggy?

Ireland
Level Contributor
262 posts
4. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Hi. Can't help with shops I'm afraid, but the Spanish version of Pampers is Dodot 😊

Belfast
Level Contributor
871 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Hi, yes you’ll be able to get a big bottle of water at reception and as said I always use their nappies when I had baby in tow. I personally love this end of strip especially with babies or young children - I just always found it easier to manage with buggy on this end. Your actually spoilt for choice regards child friendly bars which includes the following:

Friends and Arthur’s bar - 2 bars both in one of the wee small squares to the left of you whilst on the strip looking at sea face on. Actually best way to find this square is look at for the mini golf and trampolines on beach side and square is just facing these. There’s also a chippy in this square but haven’t tried it since it changed to Shauna’s (think that’s new name).

My personal favourites are in another wee square further along that houses the Music Hall Tavern and the Little Elm restaurant - rated very high on TA.

They are:

The Hotspot Bar & the Owl n the Pussycat. Both are equally child friendly with nice seating area outside with enough room for buggy. The staff in both are really friendly and I tend to flit between both depending on volume of people.

Owl n pussycat has a free quiz on every night which is good to fill the time. Both have bingo on alternate nights just can’t remember which is which.

You also have lots of others to choose from such as the Hawaiian Bar and Golden Corner if you like cocktails. I also love El Kiosko during the day great for people watching and really good prices. It’s to the right of la Penita heading towards old town direction.

I’ll send you soon more information on restaurants in that area if you like.

Belfast
Level Contributor
871 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Thanks MrsKeyWest, knew it was something like that lol!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Thanks mrskeywest :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Mimi m, Aww that's brill, thank you so much. Me and hubby are quiz lovers!

I would love some restaurant recommendations!

Wirral
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
137 reviews
9. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Trevisa. If you come out of la Penita main gate there is a road right opposite where the street bins are there’s a little supermarket on the right that stays open until about 1.00am in case you need anything else apart from water. Lovely friendly shop. We stay at Oasis so get our water there and the milk has never gone off from there. Saves carrying it a distance.

Have a great holiday.

Belfast
Level Contributor
871 posts
59 reviews
10. Re: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby

Hi sunsearcher, is that the one just up from the Mucky Duck?

Reply to: Late night supermarket/traveling with baby
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted