We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet at Iberostar

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brookfield...
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Internet at Iberostar

I had this question before we got there and I know others have asked it too - What is the Internet access at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites like?

To begin with, you need to get a free username and password slip from the front desk, which is good for your length of stay. You'll need one for EACH device that you plan to use.

In the lobby, you have wireless international access and the signal is excellent. Once you leave the lobby, it drops off immediately.

In the room, you have WIRED ONLY internet access. If you're using a laptop or other device with Ethernet, you're fine. But if you want to use an iPad, iPhone, Kindle or other WI-FI only device, you'll need to bring your own wireless router. I brought my Apple Airport Express unit and within five minutes, I had WI-FI, with an excellent signal, in our rooms. The funny thing is that when I opened the Airport Utility, I could see at eight other Apple wireless routers on the network within my range! Obviously I wasn't The only one to think of this. From that moment on, I had great signal strength and never had any problems.

Edited: 21 April 2012, 04:03
Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet at Iberostar

At the beach hotel wifi was by the hour ($4) and only in the lobby

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet at Iberostar

Thanks Huskerbadger! We are on the plane waiting to take off to the Grand right now. Good to know we need a code for each device. We have our Airport Express ready to go!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet at Iberostar

Have fun michelle. Cant wait to hear your comparisons.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet at Iberostar

Thanks Susan! I'm really excited to be there after counting down for what seemed like ages! :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet at Iberostar

laryco is wrong.

at the Rose Hall Beaches it is 2$ for wired internet in your room for 30 minutes. (make sure you bring your cable otherwise your only choice is in the internet cafe. Then it is 3$ for 15 mins.)

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet at Iberostar

Fuzzy, I may be right.....the only access we had was in the lobby

7. Re: Internet at Iberostar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:16