We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

cardiff
Level Contributor
131 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

In September I am considering Bol for 3 nights followed by 3 in Jelsa but not sure it is worth changing accommodation. We could just do a daytrip from Bol but I would hate to regret not staying there - so asking the community. Not too much info about Jelsa online although the pictures look nice. We are a mature couple who like small picturesque towns with bars and restaurants, little walks and don't care about nightlife.

cardiff
Level Contributor
131 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Excellent! I'm in Cardiff too. I have booked Goic apts for 3 nights. Few reviews. Is it ok? Wondering if it's up a steep hill. Alison

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

If its Goic I think then yes..up hill but nothing major...its a small one lol...hope you'll enjoy...I'll be back in Cardiff by the time you get there(returning Sept 2nd-coz of school :( )

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

May I ask now that you have been to all three- Jelsa, Stari Grad, and Hvar Town which you would recommend? My husband and I (30s) are going to be on Hvar for a few days about August 20. I love an energetic buzzing town, but not looking to party or compete with frat boys. Enjoy biking, kayaking, swimming, exploring, wine, beautiful old towns, history, and sunshine. Thanks!

Oxfordshire, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

I recommend Jelsa - know all the island towns and Jelsa is the family friendly place but has life enough for those that love exploring, gastronomy, good wine etc. The best wine makers are in Jelsa and the Tomic wine tasting well worth doing. T club hire out bikes, kayaks etc. Great restaurants (Me and Mrs Jones my favourite) and good swimming bays (check out Mina and Grebisce). Buses to the other towns or hire a car to explore - You can walk the old road to Vrboska which is great, via the bays of Vitarnija. Hvar town is the party destination in summer and if it isn't your vibe give it a miss. Or join it for one night to see what it is like. Brilliant restaurants in Hvar town and nowhere like it.

Best of all fly into Jelsa on the seaplane from Split - you can't beat it. We love it and visit every year. Not bored yet!

cardiff
Level Contributor
131 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Been there and loved it. No further replies required, thanks.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

I have just got back from Croatia. We stayed in Tucepi but went on a boat trip to both Bol and Jesla. I have to confess I wasn't a massive fan of Bol but we went during peak time. Just don't be fooled, it is not what it looks like in pictures. Jesla on the other hand is beautiful. Not a massive amount to do there, a sleepy little town but lots of little nooks and crannies to explore. I would definitely recommend Jesla, not sure if you could stretch your stay out to 3 nights there, you will definitely have explored all bases in that time. Enjoy!!!

Sandpoint, Idaho
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Just spent three nights in Jelsa (April, 2016). It is lovely. We had a car so also drove back to Hvar to visit the castle and also spent a morning walking around Stari Grad. Jelsa has a great harbor...looks just like the pictures. We stayed at an air B&B which was just recently remodeled and very nice. Don't know if three days in Jelsa alone would be worth the move, but if you have a car you should get out and drive around through the local foothills too.

Split...
Level Contributor
117 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

I recommend you, take 6 days of Jelsa and make day trip to Bol(only because beach Zlatni Rat)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

It's very, very quiet here now, plus there's a lot of construction work going on. All supposed to be done by 31st of May, seems very unlikely to me in all honesty.

I'm a bit disappointed in it generally Im afraid. The people are lovely though, and there are quite literally no British people here, so my embryonic Croatian language skills are being tested ;-)

(Amusingly though, most people smile and answer me in English !)

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,964 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

It's pre season so I would expect Jelsa to be quiet - the building ban usually starts on June 15th as I understand it.

Get answers to your questions about Jelsa