We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

cardiff
Level Contributor
136 posts
19 reviews
Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

In September I am considering Bol for 3 nights followed by 3 in Jelsa but not sure it is worth changing accommodation. We could just do a daytrip from Bol but I would hate to regret not staying there - so asking the community. Not too much info about Jelsa online although the pictures look nice. We are a mature couple who like small picturesque towns with bars and restaurants, little walks and don't care about nightlife.

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Choose Jelsa, skip noisy Bol!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Jelsa is the right place for you. And then visit other nice places on Hvar Island

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,027 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Having seen what you like Jelsa is the better choice. You can take the bus to Hvar Town or Stari Grad and cycle around the area too.

cardiff
Level Contributor
136 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

My thanks to all who responded. I won't cut my stay in Jelsa now. We have already visited Stari Grad and we have been to Hvar Town twice (crazy in August!) and 3 nights means just 2 days so we'll probably stay in the town then get the bus to Hvar for our next ferry.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Returning to Jelsa with my partner for the second year running in two years, both times staying for two weeks.

Not too touristy yet and the locals get to know you in no time at all.

Lovely place for a completely relaxing break while integrating with the local people.

FYI we are in our late 50's.

cardiff
Level Contributor
136 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Brilliant Purrfectune. Thank you. We too are well over 50. I might even extend to 4 nights. Cheers.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
62,266 posts
88 reviews
7. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

I also say Jelsa over Bol for what you are looking for?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Yelsa, by far.

Also, walk to V'broska from Yelsa for the pizza. It is the among best in the world. (Yes, including Roma, Naples and Milan)

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Im from Jelsa...I live in Cardiff tho(funny enough-married to a Welsh men lol)..defo recomend Jelsa..

my family owns a restaurant there(Faros)

if u need any info. .just ask :)

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Is Jelsa worth 3 nights?

Im from Jelsa...I live in Cardiff tho(funny enough-married to a Welsh men lol)..defo recomend Jelsa..

my family owns a restaurant there(Faros)

if u need any info. .just ask :)

Get answers to your questions about Jelsa