We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jadrolinija catameran Jelsa - Split

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Topic
Jadrolinija catameran Jelsa - Split

Has anyone else experienced problems with this service switching departure port without informing ticket holders?

I booked 4 tickets for my family on the 6am crossing, when we arrived at the port there was no boat, no staff, no information. They didn't email, text or phone me and there was no update on their website. I tried calling them several times without reply.

It turns out they switched departure port due to weather conditions, we found out from a passing taxi driver. He took us to Stari Grad but by then our ship had sailed. A 2 hour wait for the next boat wasn't fun but at least we didn't miss our flights home, no thanks to Jadrolinija though.

2 replies to this topic
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jadrolinija catameran Jelsa - Split

That doesn't sound fun.

We've always left the islands a day before our flight to avoid this exact sort of thing

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jadrolinija catameran Jelsa - Split

You expected too much , you should have picked up more infobwfore travelling to an island, at least here on the forum. When was it ? I really don't remember bad weather conditions lately.

There is no switching of departure ports. There is a car ferry on the route from Stari Grad to Split , which runs almost always.

The local catamaran is little and affected by rough sea, it is not always possible to know in the evening that there will be rough sea in the morning 6 am.

This is a rather accurate site of Croatian auto club:

http://www.hak.hr/en#ferry-traffic

Reply to: Jadrolinija catameran Jelsa - Split
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jelsa
Recent Conversations