On a longer trip, we (2 couples in late 20's) are spending 4 days (3.5 non travel) on Hvar. So what is the best way to enjoy Hvar? This is what I have thought about based on reading.
- Vineyards: Are there many options? Do the wine tastings come packaged as a meal if we want?
- Olive Oil - Is olive oil a Hvar thing or on the main land? Tours/orchards.... not the oil itself.
- Explore the island: We are not scooter people, so sticking to a car is best, maybe a Jeep or convertible for fun. Is this recommended for a day? How much is there to see on your own?
- Island hopping: While we are on an island, we know we must spend some time off it, on the water, exploring. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced boat rental? Preferably with a skipper. Is it a must to book in advance, or can we find someone? How much would it cost?
Are we only looking at the Pakleni Islands, or is there more?
- Blue Grotto - is this the same as the blue cave? Is it worth it or just a tourist attraction because some light shines through a hole?
Nightlife? Any Recommendations? Is Hula Hula very rowdy?
Anything would be helpful!