We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chennai Airport to Pondicherry- clarifying misinformation

Mumbai, India
1 post
Chennai Airport to Pondicherry- clarifying misinformation

I am travelling to Pondicherry this week. I will be at Chennai airport till 5 am, and was under the impression that buses got Pondicherry start as early as 5 am. Would appreciate any insight on:

a. difference between CMBT and Koyambedu

b. The better station and better service provider to select between PRTC and Tamil Nadu Transport

c. whether it is necessary to book bus beforehand

I want to reach pondicherry as early as possible and I know PRTC starts only at 9.30 AM, is it worth the wait till 9.30 to take a PRTC bus? I would also like to travel by ECR route.

Alternately, if I decide to take a cab to Pondicherry, where would you recommend I take it from and what to expect for cost?

Thanks so much!

2 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Chennai Airport to Pondicherry- clarifying misinformation

The bus stand (CMBT) is located in Koyambedu. In case you plan to take a bus, check out the various options on any bus booking sites. If you want to take a taxi, you can either hire one from the counter at the airport or any recommended car hire agency listed on Tripadvisor.

Level Contributor
302 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Chennai Airport to Pondicherry- clarifying misinformation

Hi

Cmbt and koyambedu are same

You have lot of bus services from koyambedu to pondicherry.

Cheers

KR

Reply to: Chennai Airport to Pondicherry- clarifying misinformation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pondicherry