We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari shopping centre

ireland
Level Contributor
430 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Safari shopping centre

Hi Just wondering how far from Los Cristianos to Safari shopping centre? We are staying in Royal Palm so could we walk (fit enough) or get a bus and if so from where or what number ? Thanks in advance.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,353 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari shopping centre

Have a look at this map tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.… you are in H9 I would walk down to the coast the black and white dotted line and follow it along to Las Americas and you will come to Safari Centre in D7, a stroll will take around 30 mins but I suspect with stops and looking in the shops on the way it could be closer to an hour. It is a lovely walk

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

ireland
Level Contributor
430 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari shopping centre

Thank you, your replies and tips are excellent. Just wondering would it be safe enough to do that walk at night around 11/12 o clock? Any recommendations of nice restaurants to eat in while in PDLA or LC? Was in LC before and liked the Olive Garden but cannot remember some of the other ones? Thanks again

Northumberland
Level Contributor
450 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari shopping centre

There are loads of nice restaurants in the Safari Centre.

If you go on the PDLA forum there's a good restaurant guide top left hand side of page as above about LC

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,353 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari shopping centre

Hi sissy

IMO as long as you stick to the sea front or the main road directly behind it and through the town I think you will be safe enough, just dont take any short cuts through parks or dark alleys late at night.

Restaurants, There is a page on my blog which may help with some ideas one of my favourites at the moment is Restaurant Margarita, and of course I like all of the eateries along San Telmo, the strip between Los Cristianos and Las Americas (road not beach).

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,735 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari shopping centre

Hi Sissy ,the map link that has been given to you by Aguilas is a little dated (Aguilas would agree i am sure ) So the Safari Centre now actually comes up nearer to Vista Sur Shopping so once you reach this small shopping area head up the slope to the side of it and cross over to the side of Compostela Beach Apartments .

SAFE ...imo yes its safe to walk along the sea front walkway ,but is very quiet which can feel unsafe to other people .I think you would be better to take the road from the Safari Centre that runs between Torres De sol and La Pinta up to Azahara then head through the San Telmo area back into Los Cris .A well lit road ,with a fair amount of traffic and people about at that time of night .11/12 do remember the shops close at 10 pm !!LOL

Restaurants ...well i have just mentioned the San Telmo area ,along the road there are some nice restaurants which offer views over Playa Las Vistas.You have The Slow Boat ( Chinese) but not the usual red and gold tat decor ,something a little more swish .And the food is very good .

Habib ( Lebonese) great food comes with great reports from both locals and tourists .

AND my favourite up there ..THE WATERMELON ,heres a link for this place

…tenerife.co.uk/watermelon_restaurant/#comme…

THE OLIVE GARDEN .....a little gem ,not sure of your last visit ...but they now have a "Balti Club " EXCELLENT Indian curries far better than Indian restaurants i have found in Tenerife and for that matter the UK ( from 5.95 euros ,served with Pilau rice ,homemade nan bread and Onion Barghi ) Really excellent ,praised highly by many......Mon ,Wed, Fri unless its altered .Fri is "Fish and Chip Night" ...heard its very good just not tried it as yet

BLIMEY everyones up at the same time !!!

Edited: 19 July 2012, 09:00
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,735 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari shopping centre

Sorry the links not working so i shall try again !!

…tenerife.co.uk/watermelon-restaurant/#comme…

PHEW! ...just me Fat Finger Day

Edited: 19 July 2012, 09:04
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,353 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safari shopping centre

You are being very polite Oneleg, 'dated' tell it as it is ... the map like you and me is just plain OLD, but it is IMO the best we have. Maybe one day someone technical will come along and update it until then, we can always rely on you to give first class directions, unlike me who had difficulty with left and right 8)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,735 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safari shopping centre

Yes still the best map link around ,imo Googles are rubbish .As for Directions well i do have a look of Googles orange man .....in a certain light !!!

Me Old ,yes......but you dont look it

9. Re: Safari shopping centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations