We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i need to go to town

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
S. Wales UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Do i need to go to town

Last year hubby and myself walked in to Zante town from Kalamaki along the top road , not the beach and at one of the junctions we noticed a sign for Argassi , is it possible to catch a bus from Kalamaki directly to Argassi as i would like to visit for the day and have a walk around or would we need to go in to town and take the bus from there . I know a taxi would be the easier option but thats getting me there too quick .

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i need to go to town

You would need to take the bus from zante town to reach Argassi. The timetable below will give you an idea of the schedule last summer.

http://www.zanteweb.co.uk/transportation.html

Another option is the little tourist road train from zante town to argassi, this would be fun and give you more visibility along the way.

Edited: 07 March 2012, 11:19
S. Wales UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i need to go to town

Thanks KazpUk the little train sounds right up my street , will check this out once i'm there

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do i need to go to town

did you happen to do the little train from Laganas out around the Olive Groves last year? If not then it's something else a little different...we had fun and it was worth the money

laganasfuntrain.com/sightseeings.php?lang=

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do i need to go to town

The tourist train can be caught at Solomas square and takes about twenty minutes to Argassi.Cost 5 euros each.If you need a taxi back to Kalamaki there are two taxi ranks on the Argassi to Zante main road,cost twelve euros.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do i need to go to town

If you don't mind a little ramble you can walk over mount skopos and down in to Argassi. If you start off early in morning before the heat rises its quite a nice walk.

S. Wales UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do i need to go to town

Kev you will have to give us directions when we see you in August

and before Phil has 1 to many ciders .

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do i need to go to town

Not a problem i'll have it ready before you sit down haha.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do i need to go to town

Blimy Kev a walk over skopos.A bus and tourist train would be my option.The walk to your bar from the taxi rank is a work out for me. he he.

HUDDERSFIELD
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do i need to go to town

slade 5

My husband and I also walked into Zante town and back last August - we walked along the top road passed where the turtle protection people live and to the bridge into Zante Town. However on our way back we noticed people walking behind us who then appeared coming out of little side streets back in Kalamaki - they had definitely not over taken us - is there a short cut that you took ?

We are going back this year and will definitely want to do some walking but it was a long trek there and back in one morning !

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do i need to go to town

I did wind up a certain website by posting of a new trip.Hot air balloon from Kalamaki over skopos to Zante town with return trips.A lot of peaple fell for it.Hmmm not such a bad idea.

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations