We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Resort - Need Help Badly

New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
What Resort - Need Help Badly

Hello All -

I am looking to book a trip but the resort choices are seriously overwhelming. I could really use some help. Myself and my boyfriend, age 35, are both well traveled. We have been to a bunch of the Caribbean islands and European countries. We have only traveled to Mexico twice - staying once at the Occidental Xcaret in Playa and one at the Riu Santa Fe in Cabo - we did enjoy both. We are not really picky when it comes to all inclusive. As long as we have a good drink in hand and our bellies are full - we are pretty much happy for the most part. We are just looking to relax in the sun after a long NY winter and forget about work. We do prefer Adults only resorts but that is not a deal breaker. I am looking to do 4 nights all inclusive end of April and hoping to spend no more than 1700/1800 total. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking at the following:

GR Caribe and/or GR Caribe by Solaris

Grand Riviera Princess

Ocean Coral & Turquesa

Barceló Maya - Both

Platinum Yucatan

As you can see by this list... I am a bit all over the place and clearly need help. Thank you in advance! I am open to resorts not listed to if within my budget.

1 reply
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
476 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: What Resort - Need Help Badly

The Barcelo Riviera Maya complex is a good choice. If your budget allows for it try to upgrade to the Palace. It is hiwever a massive complex and is not adults only.

Secrets Maroma is definitely our favourite for adults only. The service is incredible, food delicious and beach beautiful.

Reply to: What Resort - Need Help Badly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted