We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Park Pass Question!!!

Central New Jersey
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Topic
Another Park Pass Question!!!

Seeing another question about park passes made me think that I really need help deciding how to work this! We'll be on a 19 day road trip in July, flying into Kalispell. From there, driving through Glacier, spending the day there, and going out the east entrance to Lethbridge. (need US National Parks Pass, or pay entry fee.) Then it's up to Calgary, Banff for 3 days, Jasper for 2 days, and down to Waterton to explore and stay overnight at the Prince of Wales Hotel. From there, back to Glacier to stay at Many Glacier, and then back west to Kalispell. I figure there will be 2 US park entry fees. It's the Canadian parks that have me confused. We'll also want to go to Lake Louise and some of the other parks in the area. How to keep the cost down as much as possible and get the best value for the dollar? We are a family of four adults in one car. Thanks for any help!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Park Pass Question!!!

It's very straightforward math.

When you're in a Canadian National Park it'll cost you $19.60 for a Day Pass. An Annual Pass is $136.40 so if you're going to be in the Parks for 7 days you're money ahead to purchase the Annual Pass.

These recent threads beat-up the situation every way possible:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154910-i220-k4545…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g659487-i11598-k45…

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Park Pass Question!!!

Your best bet will be to buy the annual "Discovery Pass" for $136.40. This will allow all of you in one vehicle into all national parks in Canada. It's good from the date you buy it to the end of the same month one year later. As other posters have pointed out, it's really a bargain considering the fees you pay to go to some tourist sites. You get to view some of the most magnificent scenery and wildlife in the world and help to pay for it's maintenance with your pass.

Central New Jersey
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Park Pass Question!!!

Thanks all for your help! We're finally starting to figure this out!

4. Re: Another Park Pass Question!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 04:17