We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
267 posts
57 reviews
Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

I live in Boston and I'm looking for a midweek getaway for my husband and myself. I'd love to be on a lake, with the option to kayak (need to rent). We enjoy B&Bs, we enjoy all inclusive retreats (Kripalu is out of our budget right now). Relaxing, peaceful--I'm open to checking out anything. Anyone have an idea for an out of the way place? Budget about $150 per night. Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
22,470 posts
693 reviews
1. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

How far are you willing to travel? Is this an "inside 495 getaway"? Or are you thinking of elsewhere in New England?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
267 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

We'll drive up to 4 hours. Outside 495!

Boston...
Level Contributor
22,470 posts
693 reviews
3. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

You might want to ask this in the New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island or Maine boards then. Unless you want to go kayaking on Jamaica Pond, which can be a blast!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
267 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

I live up the street from Jamaica Pond. That's not a vacation. Didn't I ask the question on the Berkshires forum?

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
250 reviews
5. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

Responders apparently are not seeing what forum they are responding to!

Did you look at any websites for the Berkshires. I have only stayed at the Red Lion, but that will be out of your price range. There should be smaller B&B's that would work.

berkshires.org/business_category/…

Boston...
Level Contributor
22,470 posts
693 reviews
6. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

My bad, I thought this was the Boston forum. Sorry for the confusion!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
250 reviews
7. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

I looked at a few B&B's with lakes and/or kayaking and the price was more than your budget. Have you looked into Zoar Outdoor? http://www.zoaroutdoor.com/

East Haddam...
Level Contributor
586 posts
117 reviews
8. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

Stayed at the Shaker Mill Inn last fall in West Stockbridge. Its a really small village, but it definitely has charm. Its right across the street from the Shaker Mill Pond. Its definitely north of your $150 but they also do breakfast, not as nice of a breakfast as the place I responded to in your New England forum question. There are also places in the village to eat that you can walk to and a nice coffee shop as well.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
250 reviews
9. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

There are plenty of B&Bs under $150.00, but when you add on a lake and kayaking it does raise the price.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
267 posts
57 reviews
10. Re: Midweek couples' getaway on a lake?

Thanks everyone. $150 per night is for lodging and breakfast, of course I expect to pay more when adding in kayak rental. I can google and check out Trip Advisor, too. I was looking for advice about places that were less known or out of the way or that little gem that you found. Like the Maple House B&B in Rowe, where we stayed a few years ago.

Get answers to your questions about Berkshires
More Berkshires Topics