We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night Only!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
32 reviews
One Night Only!

Hi! My boyfriend and I will be visiting Pittsfield in August and plan on staying somewhere in the Berkshires for the night. We are looking for either one or a couple of day time activities (depending on what the activity/activities are!) and would like to stay somewhere with a downtown so that we may enjoy some nightlife without having to drive, if possible. What are some fun things to do (outdoors) and a good town to stay in? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Boston...
Level Contributor
23,054 posts
729 reviews
1. Re: One Night Only!

Do you like museums? Theater? Live music (classical or otherwise?) All of that is in the Berkshires and will help us point you towards where you might like to stay

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: One Night Only!

Hi! We are looking to do something outdoors during the day. Maybe a hike or some kind of scenic walk. Ideally we want to sleep in a town that has some kind of nightlife for bar hopping, restaurants, etc. Thank you!!

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
441 posts
328 reviews
3. Re: One Night Only!

I have a list of things to do in the Berkshires that I'll send you later today. it is overkill for one night, but you can choose what you like. It has hiking/biking/museum stuff and more.

Berkshire towns are relatively small. For what you are looking for Pittsfield is OK, although I think Great Barrington may be a bit nicer. It is a total mess right now with a renovation of their main street, but should be fine by the time you arrive.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: One Night Only!

Thank you, I will check out Great Barrington!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,960 posts
250 reviews
5. Re: One Night Only!

You could also try Williamstown.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
32 reviews
6. Re: One Night Only!

I will check it out, thanks!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: One Night Only!

Not a lot of nightlife in the towns in the Berkshires. But, I agree - Great Barrington, Williamstown, and perhaps Lenox. It's a great area, enjoy.

Boston...
Level Contributor
23,054 posts
729 reviews
8. Re: One Night Only!

Some GREAT theater in Williamstown at the WTF: http://wtfestival.org/

Audra McDonald will be in a play during August there. A chance to see an amazing talent on stage!

LI
Level Contributor
83 posts
617 reviews
9. Re: One Night Only!

During the day there is much to do and see, hiking, boating, antiquing,and museums. Bar hopping at night is another thing- Both Lenox and Great Barrington have lots of restaurants, with great bars, but generally not a late town. Many places offer music however. Check the local Shoppers Guide when you arrive for what is doing.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: One Night Only!

For nightlife it will really depend what day of the week you are coming. Thursday- Sunday you will find bars open late. During the week it's 10-12 closing usually. Great Barrington will have Gypsy Joynt, The Well, possibly Allium all open until 2:00 am. Castle Street cafe, Fiesta Mexican grill, and Gypsy Joynt Jive will be open from 12-2:00 depending on how busy it is. Fiesta does some big Mexican dance parties on Saturdays sometimes.

Get answers to your questions about Berkshires
More Berkshires Topics