We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

Central Saanich...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

My wife and I have travelled in Italy, but briefly, a long time ago. Wondering how best to get from Rome to Sperlonga in May. Trenitalia does not stop in Sperlonga, as far as I can see. Is it better to take a bus from Rome, or train to Naples, then bus back to Sperlonga?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,231 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

Train from Roma-Termini to Fondi-Sperlonga (on weekdays, at 6 mins past the hour, final destination Naples, taking 1h13; and 36 mins past the hour, final destination Minturno-Scauri, taking 1h09) , then bus from the station to the seafront at Sperlonga: http://www.piazzoli.it/orari-autobus.htm

Fondi-Sperlonga: piazzoli.it/uploads/tbl_pagine/201601310336_…

Sperlonga-Fondi: piazzoli.it/uploads/tbl_pagine/201509070654_…

Edited: 15 February 2016, 00:39
Central Saanich...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

Thanks for the info re the train to Fondi Sperlonga. What line is that? I guess it goes from another platform from where the Trenitalia train comes in from Venice?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,206 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

Trains from Rome to Fondi-Sperlonga are run by Trenitalia and depart from Termini. You will have to look at a departures screen to see which platform (binario) will be being used.

Central Saanich...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

Thanks for the platform name. I'll look for the screen and watch for binario (or whatever it might be)

Cheers

Nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

Take the regionale Trenitalia (NOT Intercity from Termini) to Fondi Sperlonga then 15 mins by bus or taxi to Sperlonga

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

Does anyone know if the trains run as normal or on a more limited timetable on sundays? we arrive sun 21st august and need to travel this same route, is it best to buy tickets at the sation?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

Get a train to Fondi Sperlonga and then a 15 min taxi or bus

1 post
2 reviews
8. Re: Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

Hi, did you manage to get a train from Rome to Fondi-Sperlonga ok on a Sunday? Planning to travel for a day there and back at the end of this month, would appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance.

9. Re: Travel from Rome to Sperlonga, Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2018, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sperlonga
More Sperlonga Topics