We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sperlonga Beaches Crowded in July?

Madrid, Spain
1 post
Sperlonga Beaches Crowded in July?

Hello! I've never been to Rome but we are leaving on the seven of July and trying to look for a nice beach to enjoy. I am not a crowd person and I am totally aware that we are going at the most crowded season-we had no other option unfortunately. My question is are the beaches in Sperlonga manageable? How crowded are they? If they are, do you recommend a different beach that is reachable from Rome through public transport? Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Warwickshire...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds, Rome, London
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Sperlonga Beaches Crowded in July?

It will be busy but IMO manageable. Try checking out some webcam footage:

https:/…

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Sperlonga Beaches Crowded in July?

Agree with andmar, Sperlonga is a charming locality not affected by mass tourism (neither internal nor international), I think it's really popular only among people from Lazio and Campania regions. Also the beaches are not tiny, they're quite long and you have plenty of options for what concerns the beach clubs.

Expect it to be busy of course, since we're talking about a weekend day. If you can go there on a weekday, you'll enjoy it even more.

Reply to: Sperlonga Beaches Crowded in July?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sperlonga
More Sperlonga Topics