We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius Spending Money

england
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mauritius Spending Money

We are going to Mauritius next week for our honeymoon. We are staying in a hotel which is all inclusive and our transfers to the hotel are included. We would like to do a couple of trips, and maybe eat dinner out a couple of times. I have around £500 for spending money, would this be enough for 9/10 days? Not sure how expensive taxis/food and drink is over there.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
23,420 posts
2,300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauritius Spending Money

I tend to budget about £200 per day. I also tend to go AI with transfers included. I also travle as a family of 4.

We tend to have snacks when we are out and about such as fast food. Most of the money is usually excursions, entry fees and shopping. We tend to use credit cards wherever we can, some tour operators prefer cash.

Taxis can be expensive as they do not use a meter, so you have to negotiate. Your hotel will have the maximum rates for popular trips. it can be better to hire a driver for the day.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
45,615 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mauritius Spending Money

This was the latest taxi tariff from Grand Baie:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SavedPhotos-g4…

Where are you staying?

england
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mauritius Spending Money

Thanks, we are staying at the Veranda Palma Beach, Belle Mare.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
45,615 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mauritius Spending Money

We stayed there and loved it. It's a great little 3* with good staff, a small but lovely white sand beach and a not bad AI package.

My review:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReview…

The east coast resorts are relatively isolated when compared to the north and west and harder to take advantage of the cheaper bus service so you would be relying more on taxis or organized tours if you dont have access to a car.

Take a look at this local Belle Mare company who get good reviews on TA and worth a look. Trips will be cheaper than those booked in hotels:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Rev…

Not so many places to eat out in the east either:

restaurants.mu/search/…

Edited: 03 May 2018, 19:39
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mauritius Spending Money

Yes i will be enough.....you must come and have lunch in port louis..you will get lots of traditional food ....as far as for activities....you can have full day trip to island on catamaran as from £48

Other activities as from £20 like the zoo park

Reply to: Mauritius Spending Money
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cascavelle