We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coromandel at Christmas

Brisbane Region...
1 post
Save Topic
coromandel at Christmas

Just looking for suggestions my family and I are going there Xmas 2018 there is a lot of us adults and kids best places for family's to stay and best activities thankyou

4 replies to this topic
Tauranga
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: coromandel at Christmas

Best place to stay is where you find accommodation. I checked three months ago and there were five rooms left in Thames. Not exactly a holiday mecca. Mine was just a brief look so there may be other accommodation available, but don't hold your breath. There will be nothing available in the camping grounds.

Further south at Waihi Beach,Mount Maunganui and Ohope you'll find the same problem.

Good luck in your search. Find something, book it because you won't get a second chance. Sorry. Not news you wanted to hear.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Maunganui
Mount Maunganui
Tauranga, New Zealand
Auckland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coromandel at Christmas

Or is this for Christmas 2018/2019?

Book well in advance. Hahei and Cook's Beach are lovely beach side places to stay. Whitianga has plenty of accommodation choices as well.

Mentioned in this post
Whitianga
Whitianga
Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,433 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coromandel at Christmas

Whangamata is always busy over the Christmas holidays. Lovely beach with surf patrol, and a decent sized town with good facilities. Book well in advance for this town and any other area along the eastern side of Coromandel.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coromandel at Christmas

This is for Christmas 2018 , not this year.

If there are a lot of you, have a look on a site like bookabach and see if you can find a holiday home (or two) that will fit house all of youl. If you can splash out for one on or near the beach, it would be a great base for a fun holiday and your group can come and go as they please, doing activities that suit.

Reply to: coromandel at Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted