We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Cathedral Cove & Hot Water Beach

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Visit to Cathedral Cove & Hot Water Beach

Hi, I can find a bus on Nakedbus from Auckland to Cathedral Cove or Hot Water Beach directly in DEC. The bus fare is around NZD45 one way. May I know if this is the cheapest way to pay a visit there? Additionally, I think there should be shuttle bus from the Cathedral Cove to Hot Water Beach and return but it seems that the bus fare is not cheap. Anyone can advise me how long does it take on foot and is there any scenic place on the way. Your help is much appreciated.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
117 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Visit to Cathedral Cove & Hot Water Beach

From what I remember cathedral cove and HWB are not walking distance apart.

$45 sounds reasonable. A lot of people rent and drive but without travelling companions renting might be $$$

Edited: 11 December 2016, 10:00
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
18,178 posts
130 reviews
2. Re: Visit to Cathedral Cove & Hot Water Beach

The Naked Bus fares seem reasonable. It's some distance from Auckland city to Cathedral Cove, so if there are seats available for this December don't hesitate to book.

Too far to walk between Cathedral Cove and HW Beach. Take the Cathedral Cove shuttle bus that originates from Cooks Beach and takes passengers over to HW Beach, and other places nearby over summer - allaboutwhitianga.co.nz/getting-around/cathe…

Fares are not cheap, because distances are great and the demand isn't there in remote locations.

3. Re: Visit to Cathedral Cove & Hot Water Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2018, 00:03
4. Re: Visit to Cathedral Cove & Hot Water Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2018, 05:15