We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Topic
booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

can anyone tell me if its safe to book ryanair flights through travel republic.....im reading articles that suggest they (ryanair) can cancel your flight if its not booked directly through them...any info appreciated

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,443 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

May I be as presumptious to ask why you want to book through TravelRepublic instead of directly through Ryanair .

The reason I ask is that I always book direct , find I get the best prices and have never had any problems with the flights.

Graham

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,540 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

Ryanair strictly forbid the sale of their flights through third parties, and reserve the right to cancel any tickets they find to have been booked that way.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

During the process you get diverted to Ryanairs booking site.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

in the past we have alays found it cheaper to book through travel republic as it avoids a card fee...I have just got this off the travel republic site:-

Travel Republic is a travel search website acting as agent only in providing access to the widest choice of travel products from a vast range of providers all at the best prices. Each product (e.g. flight, hotel or car hire) is booked separately by you with the travel provider and creates a contract directly between you and the provider of that product.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,540 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

When you book a Ryanair flight on TR website, you book it with TR, not Ryanair. It does not take you to Ryanair website.

Shirl, what that means is you are not booking a package holiday, but separate elements therefore your contract is with each supplier, rather than with just one supplier when you book a package. TR add a £12 airline admin onto Ryanair flights that you book through them.

lpool
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

Hi Ive booked flighs with ryan air and also through travel republic it made no difference except sometimes the flight prices varied.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

Hello,

Firstly i have never booked through TR but last year i booked a hotel and flight through Alpha Rooms. I did have a bit of trouble with the flight booking which was also Ryan Air. The money for the flights didnt come out for a quite a few days and i was worried that the flight had not been booked. I called Ryan Air to see why the flight was not booked and they said they had never recieved the booking. I wasnt too concerned because the money hadnt been taken but the money for the room was taken out of my account. I then tried to phone Alpha Rooms to see why the booking hadnt been processed and they said it could take a few days.

In the end i recieved an email from Ryan Air A few days later saying it was booked. But it was quite annoying so in future i will just book direct.

Hope this helps.

Cardiff, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

Has anyone used ryanair air to book hotels and flights. As not sure if protected by. Atol or abta if anything goes wrong.

eindhoven
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

Ryanair forbids travelagents to make reservations for their customers. Indeed they could cancell your flight if they find out you booked through an agent. I have booked Ryanair myself several times. Why book through an agent and pay extra fee? In April I will be flying them again to Lanzarote.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,540 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booking ryanair flights through travel republic to Lanzarote

If you want to book Ryanair flights, booking direct with them is the only way to got. If you also book a hotel with them it is a separate contract, and you will not get Atol protection, but you should make sure your travel insurance has the correct cover anyway, as you are travelling independently.