We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the borders of the old town?

Level Contributor
187 posts
46 reviews
17 helpful votes
What are the borders of the old town?
Save

We are visiting cisternino tomorrow, probably coming from Martina Franca. I can't find a map that shows the parameters of the old town. Wanting to work out where to park close to the old town without risking crossing into the ztl zone. Can anyone help?

6 replies to this topic
Virginia
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: What are the borders of the old town?
Save

ZTLs are indicated with a sign. I don't think you'll have much chance of inadvertently entering it if memory serves, it was a fairly uncomplicated entry.

Be sure to know parking regs--we once got a ticket because we were rushed in a rain storm.

Level Contributor
187 posts
46 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: What are the borders of the old town?
Save

Thanks. I'm trying to work out where old town begins, coming from Martina Franca so that I can choose closest parking. Will probably go with a parcheggio as we are very nervous drivers and quite intimidated by traffic in towns. Can you help with a suggestion?

Virginia
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: What are the borders of the old town?
Save

I am pretty sure we typically parked along Via Manzoni or Via Pozzo la Serra. Look at google maps and zoom in until you see the Comune and post office. There was typically street parking along there. You will know when you are close because you ascend a hill. Maybe the first time, just take the first available spot you see--you will have to walk more, but you will get your bearings. And you can always move the car closer.

You can also search for parking and make a beeline for the parcheggio, but it's really not that bad--it's tiny!

Level Contributor
187 posts
46 reviews
17 helpful votes
4. Re: What are the borders of the old town?
Save

That's very helpful thanks. We have been a bit worried by ztl zones and unfortunately ended up with a largish hire car as travelling as 4 and are also worried about street parking. Streets so narrow scared of getting the car scratched. We had a tense experience in Lecce which has dented our confidence somewhat.

Virginia
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: What are the borders of the old town?
Save

Take heart--Lecce is the worst place to drive in Puglia by far! Everyday as we returned to town, I called one particular oval traffic circle "traffic anarchy"--but in the small villages of the Itria Valley it is totally different. My husband picked a small SUV on our second trip and I looked at him like he was crazy, but it really was nice when driving in torrential downpours. Just stick to the edge of town and you'll be fine--enjoy!

Level Contributor
187 posts
46 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: What are the borders of the old town?
Save

Thanks!

Reply to: What are the borders of the old town?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cisternino
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.